The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring in HIDs to jdm/ world spec lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar

Wiring in HIDs to jdm/ world spec lights

thinking of picking up a nice set of HIDs for my world specs and was wondering how to wire all that in. it is probably simple i just want to be sure. thanks for the help
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

what are the worldspec bulbs? it might be just like the 8G JDM headlights (outside lo, inside hi; low = outside only, hi = outisde and inside on at the same time)... or are the outside pair hi/lo and the inside pair just hi?

the outsides are H4 (low and hi) and the insides are H3 or H2 (hi only), Im not sure

Chris, just ask for H4 HIDs since they have to plug into the rewired harness and still fit the headlight. Same for the insides. IDK if they sell low/hi combo HID bulbs.
    Last edited by mko; 03-26-2010 at 05:53 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    the outsides are H4 (low and hi) and the insides are H3 or H2 (hi only), Im not sure

Chris, just ask for H4 HIDs since they have to plug into the rewired harness and still fit the headlight. Same for the insides. IDK if they sell low/hi combo HID bulbs.
    ddm has the H4 hi lo kit for 60 bucks. im only doing the outer lights as the inners are so white stock its pointless.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

my main issue is will there be all the correct plugs for the hid kit?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Whatever plug the bulbs have now are the plugs the HID bulbs will have. I imagine you have a custom or jdm harness. The bulb connectors on the jdm harness such as H4 plugs into a connector on the H4 HID. The connector on the HID goes to ballast the ballast goes to bulb. Its really simple. If you need help bring them to edge water :-P

ill prolly do them before the meet as the low beam on the right light went out last night randomly. ill have u come up if i need help lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    ill prolly do them before the meet as the low beam on the right light went out last night randomly. ill have u come up if i need help lol
    haha you have the job you can come down for help. Or you could always ask gabe haha j/k but if you look at the pics I posted of HID wiring its really simple.

Since my heads are H1 I have the H1 connectors your bulbs will come with H4 connectors and then you just follow this.

You may want to order the harness since your car has 2 sets of highs not sure how good you stock harness is. I dnt have mine on harnesses since I either have the 2 digital ones, lows and fogs, or the 1 magnetic, highs, going at once and the digital have less draw.

steve text me as my new phone doesnt have ur number and well talk about it a little
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Experienced TGC Member
    I remember talking to a guy on ebay that said he can give me a 9006 ballast for stock wiring and the h1 and h4 bulbs. IDK how he was going to do it but i forgot who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    I remember talking to a guy on ebay that said he can give me a 9006 ballast for stock wiring and the h1 and h4 bulbs. IDK how he was going to do it but i forgot who it was.
    That is because the bulbs come with a 9006 connector on one end and the stock wiring on the other. All ballasts, at least DDMs, are 9006 so need a 9006 pigtail to be plugged into them. That guy wasn't doing anything special.

the only thing i dont understand is the 3 prong on the ddm harness. can someone help me with that..and these are for the h hi/lo hid not 9006
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

bwahhahahah i got my ddm package today too.

that 3 prong plugs into the cars H4 headlight plug

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i can take a pic in the morning if it helps more.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    It should be plug and play...vary easy no cutting needs to be done

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    It should be plug and play...vary easy no cutting needs to be done
    not plug and play exactly. there is a relay harness you need to hook up and run the lines for.

but atleast they give it to you for free!!

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    not plug and play exactly. there is a relay harness you need to hook up and run the lines for.

but atleast they give it to you for free!!
    me and reggie just talked about that plug. what threw me off was there only being one of them and not one for each side, but i guess you plug it into one side and then hook the other one up without it.

and chris, did you get the h4 hi lo and if so what did u get as i got the 55w 8000k
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

That is odd that they did it like that sorry I couldnt figure it out from your text and phone call.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Have you guys noticed that the new HID kits come with the HID bulb and the high beam built in.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    That is odd that they did it like that sorry I couldnt figure it out from your text and phone call.
    steve no problem man, if u had the same headlights i had u would have known, but u were right as it is an H4 male connector and i guess you only need the 1
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast