The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring in HIDs to jdm/ world spec lights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Chris man its easy.

That big mess of wires is a relay kit.

All you need is one H4 connector since all it needs is just a signal for when the headlights turn on. this is the point of a relay. the power is drawn straight from the battery so it doesn't tax your stock wiring and system. so here is how it goes

1) You attach the Red wire to the battery terminal

2) Attach the back wire to the ground on the battery

3) you plug that 3 prong H4 clip into your cars H4 clip that usually plugs into the bulb.

Mind you all this happens on the battery/passenger side of the car.

4) you run the long set of wires to the other side of the car and hook them up to the bulb

5) hook up the remaining wires to the passenger side bulb.

now the bulb install is tricky because what they say to do doesn't work without modification.

now you should know the bulbs seperate. the bulb holder and bulb assembly.

don't touch the bulb at all. hold the silver housing. turn the black part counter clockwise and they seperate. put the silver thing in the headlight and secure it with the tabs.

here is where it gets tricky. the instructions say put the wheather seal on now and then put the bulb back in after. the hole on the weather seal is tooo small only just. i had no intention of cutting them up.

soo i clip the bulb holder in and install the bulb in the holder. i run the wores through the wheather seal. now the seal streches a good bit. i take the ring and push it so the seal streaches around the entire bulb and lock it into place. it seals it fine and no mods needed. just a little extra push. attach the power cables back and your good to go!

BTW i got the 35W 6000k High/Low system and a 35W 3000k Fog light kit.
    Last edited by kolio; 04-08-2010 at 05:09 AM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thanks a lot chris. im going to do mine right now and with your help and everyone elses i got it. thanks very much, picks to come later.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ok so they are in and all i have to say is wow. the ddm kit had everything and it was really easy to install. the 7g really doesnt give many mounting options for the ballasts but ill live with where they end up and they look amazing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i know. i just threw them in. i'm going to figure out where to mount everything when i'm not lazy lol

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12