The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo rims... too wide but I love them!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 48 of 48
    Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    235's are they way to go. That's what I went with.
    Well 235's are nice because they're wide, but if you want passengers in the back seat without your lip digging into your tire, and you dont want to spend hours on end with a heat gun in one hand and a rubber mallet in the other, then go smaller. lol

^True but with him having the 6G74 the 235's would be more beneficial for him. I had to buy a heat gun and a mallet to get it done.

lol yeah, I spent about 3 hours on my rear lips trying to get clearance, because it got to the point where my tires were shredding with only my guitar in the trunk.. But even after I bent the lip up, it would still cut the sidewall

Eventually I will rent a fender roller to roll them up all the way. I had 2 people in the back today and I only rubbed once on a pretty big dip other than that I was good. Plus the wheels already had 2 almost new tires so I didn't feel like spending another $4-500 on a whole set.

yeah, the tires that came with my rims had about 3,000 miles left on them, and I can drive 3,000 miles in about 2 months, so new tires were on the high priority list

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    stvn, the reason I would stay with the 215's is these have hardly any miles on them. I don't drive that often lol

^That's not a good reason. lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
    Well 235's are nice because they're wide, but if you want passengers in the back seat without your lip digging into your tire, and you dont want to spend hours on end with a heat gun in one hand and a rubber mallet in the other, then go smaller. lol
    Hours? It took me 30 minutes to make mine clear and my car is even lowered.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123