The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good a/f ratios

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 52

good a/f ratios

just got my wideband installed today and i was wondering what some good numbers where to go off of at idle,mid,wot, i am running 8 psi on 450s with a 14b. at wide open throttle its at about 11-12 at mid or cruising its 15-16 and at idle its 17 does this sound about right? or what would be some good numbers at wot,mid,idle?

idle 14.7
    cruise 14.7
    wot 10.8
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

is this a stock car? What wideband? Where is the sensor mounted?

The values sound OK for a non-turbo car

i adjusted my maft translator as much as possible in the wot witch with the aux on 4 and base at 2 and the best i could get was 11.1 at wot. and richened it all the way up at idle and it stays in the 17s wich is real lean any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    is this a stock car? What wideband? Where is the sensor mounted?

The values sound OK for a non-turbo car
    He says hes turboed but we havent seen a single pic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    i adjusted my maft translator as much as possible in the wot witch with the aux on 4 and base at 2 and the best i could get was 11.1 at wot. and richened it all the way up at idle and it stays in the 17s wich is real lean any ideas?
    H/o you set the AUX and BASE once to compensate for the injectors. For you BASE = A or B and AUX = E and you leave that alone.

This is you base setup. With this setup the car should drive. So let it warm up and then use the IDLE knob to set the idle to 14.7, if you still have the IAC it will automatically adjust he AFR at idle to 14.7 (at least mine did). Just click the IDLE knob to the rich side a couple of times and watch your gauge. IDLE knob adjusts from 0 to 3k rpms, so that includes your cruising speeds. Then go on with the rest of the knobs

If you cant generally richen it up then move the BASE knob only to 8 or 9 and try again, but you should always have you base tune set with BASE = A or B.

As QNZ said, wheres the bung welded. If you have it far back on the exhaust it will slow down the refresh rate of the wideband. It will have 3-4 seconds delay and ratios will be 1 or 2 units off. I have it 12'' from the turbo and it gives instant readings. Also, I hope you dont have it past the flexpipe - this will thow the readings off as well.

Do you have any error codes? Hows your front O2 sensor?

Build Thread

Do you have adjustable fuel pressure regulator or stock one?

Also lean mixture usually mean lack of fuel, so it could be fuel filter, pump, regulator or too much air in the manifold at idle. What rpms is your idle at?

we need PICS to see whats up!!

Build Thread

ok i was going off the chart for what it said for a 2g dsm. my exhaust has no flex its full stainless 3 inch from the turbo back and its 16 inches down pipe and its before the cat. my 02 sensor was working fine when we had it hooked to my buddys evo scan. im sorry i dont have any pics up yet i only can take pics with my cell phone but as soon as i get all the bugs outa the turbo setup ill take numerous pics. the only code that came up was the idle control motor. im not sure if that came up because i am not running coolant to my throttle body because them lines now cool my turbo. so set my base at A or B and my aux at E and then start over tuning from their?

i have the stock fuel pump rewired, i am running the stock fpr although i do have a crappy adjustable i could use. i just dont trust it because on my talon it wasnt accurate.

yes and reset the ECU before tuning

Build Thread

one thing i should mention would be my turbo seals are starting to go and its smoking a decent amount outa the exhaust. i did a compression check and its 180 across the board. will the burning oil affect the a/f values? i do have a rebuild kit just gotta find time to pull the turbo off again. im sorry im asking so many questions i just have so many.

not for now but eventually itll build up on the sensor from all the oil in the exhaust. its ok temporally.

throw in the rebuild kit. i do my turbos in 15 min

Build Thread

ok one last question. i have the aem 6 in 1 wideband, now when the cars not even running but with the key forward its in like the 15 range and it fluctuates around why is it doing this when the car is not even running. i have the same power wire to my wideband gauge as i do for my boost gauge. should i try running to a differnt power source and if so what wire would u recomend.

did you buy it used? Once its used these start doing this. When they are new they stay at 20 or the leanest they can can display

Build Thread

brand new in the aem box and wrappers.[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-GAUGE-TYPE-6-IN-1-WIDEBAND-UEGO-CONTROLLER-30-4100_W0QQitemZ150428193394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2306381272"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-GAUGE-TYPE-6-IN-1-WIDEBAND-UEGO-CONTROLLER-30-4100_W0QQitemZ150428193394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2306381272

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post

fixed

Build Thread

so any ideas why it would be doing that? not enough power maybe because i have it taped into my remote wire that goes to my amp because that is a 12v wire.

wideband needs to heat up first to read optimally.

now when the cars not even running but with the key forward its in like the 15 range and it fluctuates around why is it doing this when the car is not even running. i
    there still is air in your downpipe pipe when you turn the car on (air exists everywhere). I dont know why your wideband is saying 15's unless your exhaust is so rich, it detects leftover exhaust gas sitting in your downpipe

16" downstream, i would say your afr's are sliiiiightly leaner than what it really is. maybe only .1-.2 points leaner

your exhaust has no flexpipe? I would be worried about welds cracking and exhaust leaks when the exhaust and motor moves.

it has rubber hangers all over to compensate for no flex. a exhaust shop did it its a full 3 inch stainless system with a magnaflow high flow cat and magna flow high flow muffler

so tday i tryed setting my aux to E and my base to A and my car wont even run. i tryed adjusting the idle both ways and it wont run it starts then dies within a couple seconds. i adjusted the idle set screw on the throttle body and still wont run any ideas?

if this is true then you must have 240cc instead of 275cc. What year is your car?

If you really have 240cc then your settings should be set for -47% or BASE=4 AUX=F

Build Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast