The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good a/f ratios

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 52
    no no my fault bud i have dsm 450s in there with transistor box. so what should i set the aux and base for with 450s?

this is the formula:

(old size/new size)-1 = %

275/450 -1 = -39% -39% is BASE=B AUX=E

240/450 -1 = -47% -47% is BASE=4 AUX=F

So if your car runs at AUX=4 BASE=2 then thats -45%
    Last edited by mko; 03-29-2010 at 08:29 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

wow about time iv been searching for awhile to figure out what to set the aux and base at and i can tune the rest my self. i did have 275s but now have 450s. thanks for all the help. this may sound like a stupid question but do the 4g64s have a stock knock sensor? the reason i ask this is because the other day when my buddy had his evo scan hooked up to my car and we were trying to tune it at wot on 8 psi i only got one count of knock and the timing was advancing. almost to good if you ask me and then i got to thinking if the 64s have a knock sensor like the 63s.

nope no knock sensor. when it knocks try adding some fuel right there

Build Thread

well how would i beable to tell if it was knocking if i dont have a knock sensor? the evoscan must just for some reason give it one knock count because the 64s dont have one.

it all comes to get runnin man. If it runs good at AUX=4 BASE=2 but it doesnt get rich enough, then richen it from the base knob by one click and try again. With base settings done right your idle should be right on or very close to 14.7. If its not right on then add or take some fuel with the IDLE knob.

On a second thought. When I was tuning in my car I set it so it starts and drive. Then I took it for a ride. It was a long straight road where i was cruising with steady 3000 rpms. With the throttle steady, I just moved the BASE knob until I had 14.7, IDLE,MID and WOT knobs were zeroed. After I had the BASE knob set, I went for IDLE, MID and WOT, but never moved BASE knob again

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    well how would i beable to tell if it was knocking if i dont have a knock sensor? the evoscan must just for some reason give it one knock count because the 64s dont have one.

you can hear it knocking. the sensor will catch that way before you can hear it, so consider hearing it as a last precaution. You hear the ding-ding sound - time to let off the gas

Build Thread

wow about time iv been searching for awhile to figure out what to set the aux and base at and i can tune the rest my self. i did have 275s but now have 450s. thanks for all the help. this may sound like a stupid question but do the 4g64s have a stock knock sensor? the reason i ask this is because the other day when my buddy had his evo scan hooked up to my car and we were trying to tune it at wot on 8 psi i only got one count of knock and the timing was advancing. almost to good if you ask me and then i got to thinking if the 64s have a knock sensor like the 63s.

and why did you post this again

Build Thread

sorry about posting again stupid laptop. well unfortunately my maft box is located under the hood so i have to pop the hood everytime i need to make a adjustment. i am just gonna go off the chart you gave me and hopefully that works. the reason i had to set at aux-4 base-2 is because the manual says thats what to set it with a 2g with 450s. but the chart makes more sense because the 2g computer and our computers differ so the fuel maps are differnt. im slowly learning about this tuning stuff and im starting to come around.

yeah but 2g already is set for 450cc and you dont have to compensate there. it would ve been the same if you wanted to run some like 920cc on 2g. you know what i mean. The galant has 275cc and 450cc is twice as much of the injector size and when you apply the formula it comes down to -38-40%

I had all wires extended and i tune it from inside
    Last edited by mko; 03-29-2010 at 08:53 PM

Build Thread

that would be nice im sure one day i will do it. iv came pretty far in a month though from saving a car that was about to go to the scrap yard and buying it for 200 bucks and putting a transmission in it and just expected it to my beater but the more i searched the more i started seeing there wasnt any reason why everybody with a 4g64 sohc shouldnt have a turbo on there car. but anyways thanks for the help its dark out now so ill post back tomorow after i play with it a little more and ill let you know what happens. then wednesday i get to rebuild the whole turbo with new seals and bearings cant wait

so i played around a little more today i tryed setting the aux at E and the base at B and the car wont run worth a crap so i readjust the aux back to 4 and base at 2 and i dialed the idle in it idles at 14.7 to 15.1 fluctuates a little bit but pretty close. now i am actually running like 10.00 all the way rich under boost which i think i should beable to tune out by adjust some more stuff. why doesnt my car run any good with the aux and base set at what its suppose to be according to the formula of old injector size and new injectors size?

anybody? it almost seems as if the ecu is rejecting the tune im really getting frustrated with this. one time i will start my car and it will be pig rich under wot and then i shut the car off and start it half hour later and under wot im running lean doesnt make sense to me?

we need pics? its like shooting in the dark.

Build Thread

ok what do u need pics of in general like engine bay, turbo setup? maf translator settings,wideband reading?

everything

Build Thread

i dont know how to upload images it wont let me.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG]
    http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad66/allrice4g64/intercooler.jpg[/IMG]

here are the pictures?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast