The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good a/f ratios

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 52 of 52
    looks good man. now your thread is worthy
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

so back to my tuning issues lol could it be possible that i have to ground the maft translator because the gm 3 inch mas draws more current. or ground both the mas and the maft seperate i cant get this thing tuned good and its bugging me. its either rich or lean cant get it good under wot.

the GM MAS get its ground trhu the translator. If the translator has its ground wire grounded then it works. Do me a favor. open the translator and see if the LEDs flash somehow weird. Theres a troubleshoot guide at the end of the manual. Something here is wrong. IDK if its the translator or your wiring, vacuum/boost leaks.

Build Thread

when the car is idleing at 800 rpm the green light is on. when i rev it the green light gets brighter. the red light was flashing when i first turned the key forward so i unhooked the battery and made sure everything was tight and now its not flashing anymore. been running for 15 min and hasnt flashed once. the reason i ask about the grounding of the maft is because on dsmtuners there was guys saying on their that the gm 3 inch maf draws alot more current and the stock ground through the wiring harness isnt a strong enough ground so for better results you need to ground the translator box and the gm 3 inch maf directly to battery or chasis. also today i noticed i have a pretty bad exhaust leak where downpipe connects to 02 housing so this could be causing alot of my tuning issues throwing the wideband off im going to fix that tomorow and see if that helps but i am still curious to know why i cant take away 39 percent fuel and why that translator was flashing.

i reset my ecu upgraded to a 2g fuel pump and tryed tunning again today. everything is good when i get it all dialed in but then the more and more i drive my car the more and more the ecu changes everything i then before i know instead of being 14.7 at idle im at 16 and instead of being in 11s at wot it raises to 13s. i have zero boost leaks and zero exhaust leaks could it be that just the translator enough is not enough for tuning?

front o2 sensa'

Build Thread

its reacting fine, fluctuating like it should from low voltage to high voltage according to my scan tool with live data. sooo?

what do you mean from low to high?

High means rich, low means lean. When warmed up it should keep steady around the middle (o.5V) or 14.7. If the stock o2 works fine it should fluctuate very little - up to 14.9 and back.

Build Thread

hmmmmmmm when its idleing its fluctuating from .02 up to .09

its still leaning out really bad in wot it starts at 10.1 and then when im in boost for more than a second it starts leaning out 11-12-13 etc im running the 450s,2g fuel pump, wot knob cranked all the way rich on the translator, changed the 02 sensor?? no boost leaks, no exhaust leaks, could it be fpr? i need to get this figured out asap because its my daily driver thanks.
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 04-28-2010 at 11:17 PM

now today i noticed my 02 sensor is staying in a open loop mode sometimes while i am cruising.

hmm guess nobody on here knows shit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123