The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: USDM 7G V6 Possibilities?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 54

USDM 7G V6 Possibilities?

I just want to bring up an idea that has been lingering in my head for quite some time now. As far as I know, it hasn't been done and I don't think I've even heard it being considered.

Although it's not the most simple solution, it could be a new progression and another option 7G owners may someday be able to accomplish.

Before bashing the idea saying it's not possible, or the typical huge price tag ideas everybody gets, let's think realistically.

The 7G Galant as we know, of course shares the same platform with the 2G Eclipse and using 2G parts has become a very typical and sensible solution. But what about the 1G Dodge Avenger and 1G Chrysler Sebring? (which also share the same platform) Both the Avenger and Sebring were available with the 2.5L 6G73. The same way that few 8G owners have went with a larger displacement 6G7x engine, some Avenger owners have ditched the 6G73 for the 6G72 from the 8G/3G. Just make sure to use the V6 subframe.

As far as the ECU and wiring are concerned, I could see this being somewhat of a challenge. The V6 Avenger ECU being used, would probably need to be hard-wired into the car depending if the harnesses and pinout are the same as the 4G64, and the V6 engine wiring harness would obviously be necessary.

Transmission? If the Avenger's automatic transmission doesn't sound good, possibly use the F5M51.

The biggest challenge holding this idea back quite honestly would be engine/transaxle orientation. Depending on your welding skills, I imagine it would be possible to weld the mounts to the opposite frame rails from stock to accommodate for the 6G7x. Then again, maybe this would be solved by doing this swap to a 2G Eclipse RS/GS instead of a Galant. (Keeping in mind the orientation of 420A-equipped Eclipses.

With that being said, I'm not expecting this to go anywhere. I just wanted stir the pot and bring a few semi-valid ideas to the table for discussion, and maybe someday see results from this.

Feel free to discuss.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

yes but no.

the Avenger engine is on the same side 3g/8g V6, and for that reason a new motor mounts on both sides need to be fabricated. Also, the front sub frame needs to be replace with one of Avenger so the rear tranny mount is a bolt on and not weld on.

They share the same suspension, but thats about it

The ECU is strictly Chrysler. They dont use MAFs and I bet wiring will be a bitch. Imagine the Avenger and Sebring are the same car as 2g Eclipse RS or GS but with V6. They also come with the same 420A in their lower trims as you said

If ever swapped, the 6g73 will need 3g v6 manual tranny, 2g N/A shifters- what a combo

Best way to have V6 in 7g is 3000gt engine+ECU swap
    Last edited by mko; 03-29-2010 at 09:10 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

If i would consider doing that type of swap i would be using the 6g72 out of the 3000gt which mounts the same way just having to fab some new mounts for the front and rear trans mounts. the other two mounts are in the same locations, the front and rears i think are a little off not sure exactly.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Good points, mko.

Though, I do still think the mounts could be safely relocated one way or another. Doesn't mean it will ever happen, but depending on the fabricator, anything (well, almost) is possible.

Chrysler only ECU I see being more of a problem than I was expecting to find out. You think they wouldn't have designed their own, but I suppose at that point in time it was their only reasonable option.

I figured the F5M51 would have to be controlled by the 2G shifter and cable assemblies, yet have no idea if that's even possible depending on cable orientation, etc. As much as it could be feasible, it could be a disaster waiting to happen.

DOHC 6G72?!? Haha leave it to you 7G guys to have that idea going with your "orientation". All jokes aside, that would be a nice surprise to have tucked under the hood of a 7G. Seriously, if that was 100% known to work, I would probably be buying a 7G as we speak. Especially if twin turbo was incorporated in that.

As much as I want to think of something fun and different to possibly come up with, you guys are really killing my "mojo" for buying a 7G. I do understand the reasoning behind all these things that in 99% of the outcomes, never have a chance to work. Maybe I'm thinking too over-the-top, but it just seems so close, yet far at the same time.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

youll get hooked on the 7g man, youll forget all about the 8g

Build Thread

im pretty sure it will fit just have a jdm transfer case shipped over from a vr4 and you could be in some awd business.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Buy a 7G. end of story. LOL

And even if a DOHC 6G72 swap were completed w/o turbos, I think it would still be one hell of a car considering how light the 7G is

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    only v6 id put it would be a 6A12TT and there is a 6a12tt front clip on ebay i was considering
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i thought about it long ago.

as stated above, the only real feasable option is the 3000gt motor.

once you start getting into all that work it becomes easier, more cost effective, and parts are everywhere for the 4G6X platform.

what i was thinking of doing was a 7G 6A12TT with RWD.

the only reason to do the v6 is just to be unique. but having a 7G is unique enough. i would truely love to see it happen one day

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

4g64t>6A12tt

Build Thread

If cali can make a 2jz transmission with a 4g63 bell housing maybe he can modify the tranny to fit fwd flywheel and u can make fwd 2jz :-D

6A13tt>4G64T>6G72tt>6a12tt

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    4g64t>6A12tt
    mko you are correct

and steve, i say 4G64T is the best of all as there have been many 64/63 hybrid motors that have put down over 1000hp. i havent seen a 6A13 do that
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

This has been kicked around before...I was one of them asking. I have seen the same 6A12tt clip for sale for a while myself. I have thought about it for years, but in the end the cost just doesnt make sense. The only way I would have a 7G with a V6 is import one...quietly. But the 3KGT as everyone has said would be your best bet here in the states

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Build Thread

As awesome looking as that is, I wonder what it cost.

Hi guys, i haven't been on for quite some time. Unfortunatly my 7g Galant was destroyed by cops :-( good news is my new car has mitsu engine inside. I have a 6g73 2.5l v6 SOHC engine its a 98 sebring coupe lxi. My question for you guys is. Is it possible to put in a 6a13tt engine inside my car?. i've done some research on this and came up with the result that the chassis for my car is the same platform as the 8G galant. Is it 100 percent true? im not sure. My question is, if its true , is it possible to put that bad boy of an engine in the car? and what needs to be done. Any info would really help reason being i have a good price on everything.

yes, it it possible

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Yes but you might have to fab new mounts...

ok, so heres the deal. I have a price on the 6a13tt engine and tranny. it comes with the wireharness and ecu and all the components that comes on the engine. What is the best thing to do to get started. id like to get started on this asap. but one down fall i do see in this is the transmission. its an AWD tranny. any way you can still use that tranny as a FWD tranny?.

If this is going to take Waaaay to much time and money to do then i had something else in mind. is it possible to make my 6g73 just like a 6g72 sohc 24v ? , that engine comes standard at around 210 hp? . Some websites say that the two engines are identical except for these specs.

6g72 SOHC 24V
    type 6O”V, SOHC (per bank)
    Number of cylinders 6
    Combustion chamber Compact type
    Total displacement cm3 (cu.in.1 2,972 (181.4)
    Cylinder bore x stroke mm (in.) 91 .I x 76.0 (3.59 x 2.99)
    Compression ratio
    Front wheel drive vehicle 10.0
    Rear wheel drive vehicle 8.9

Type
    Number of cylinders 6
    Combustion chamber compact type
    Total displacement cm3 (cu.in.1 2,972 (181.4
    Cylinder bore x stroke mm (in.)91.1 x 76.0 (3.59 x 2.99)
    Compression ratio Non-turbo 10.0

is it possible to just bore the engine out to the same specs as this and get the same results as the 6g72 engine? or do i have to change pistons cams etc....

Thanks so much for the info guys. really appreciated.
    Last edited by trigunracing; 04-02-2010 at 02:13 PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast