The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: USDM 7G V6 Possibilities?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 54 of 54
    so the 6a13tt In Japan are the same as the Euro version? and wheres is a good spot to buy the F5M42 tranny? if u guys know the link.

I also searched that F5M42 is also used in the 4g63 motor as well? correct me if im wrong, If thats the case, then i should be able to use the north american tranny for the 4g63 in to the 6a13tt with a few components so it may correspond to the 6a13tt engine. or is the theory totally off? lol

- The Vee
    Did you do a swap from a regular galant to a 6a13tt? if so what did u do what did u need? You guys made me excited about all this now and im so close to putting in my credit card to buying the 6a13tt motor and accessories for the swap! . man aint nothing like a Mitsu i love there engineering friggin awsome! lol im acting like a teenager all over again HAhaha .

- Mko
    Thank u so much for your help bud your knowledge base has been an asset to my search on everything. Major props to you and Amazing job to your car . makes me miss my Galant so much :-( .
    Last edited by trigunracing; 04-25-2010 at 04:44 PM

euro 6a13 n/a is sohc, the 6a13tt is dohc

the transmissions are the same, but there might be some differences in bell housings mounting points to the engine. i cant confirm this tho

i say that cuz i read the US 3g V6 transmissions have the same number as Evo 8-9 with 4g63, but no one has tried putting V6 tranny on I4 or vice-versa, i think

thanks for the compliments
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yes I did swap from regular galant V6 2.5 n/a. The 6a13tt (dohc) was never made as a FWD so the gearbox coupled to them as standard is for AWD with transfer box etc etc. The V6 6A13 N/a FWD (F5M42) box does couple up OK but I did have to do mods like moving the front turbo wastegate actuator and the rear turbo had to alter the little cast downpipe to clear the subframe swapping flywheel and clutch was another plus a complete rewire and ECU. It's not a straightforward job, but it can be done. Not sure about USDM driveshafts though?

Here's a link to my conversion

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=begins

There are a lot of unrelated posts in there but I hope it helps.
    Last edited by The Vee; 04-26-2010 at 03:09 AM

i have account there but still no permission to see it

Build Thread

Ah, sorry about that, probably my fault, it's in the members area. Slightly different set-up to these forums. I'm off to work now, but I'll see if I can do some cutting n pasting later.
    As mentioned before though, this was an 8G conversion, just a little concerned how it would go in the 7. I do know however a similar thing has been done with an FTO, so that maybe worth looking at aswell.

Well my car's chassis is said to be the same as the 8g Galant , So i dont think that would be an issue, and if you could send me that link it would be greatly appreciated.

Whats your thoughts on this Mko? Do u think its worth doing this instead of the other swap or turbo u recommended?

TGC Regular
    Your Chassis is not the same as an 8G... Its the same as an 8G vr4 wich is COMPLETLY different! The 7G and the 8G have the motor mounts swaped so the engine is on the other side... Just becasue an 8G did it does not mean its going to be just as easy for you.. In order to do it you would probibly have to make custom mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Your Chassis is not the same as an 8G... Its the same as an 8G vr4 wich is COMPLETLY different! The 7G and the 8G have the motor mounts swaped so the engine is on the other side... Just becasue an 8G did it does not mean its going to be just as easy for you.. In order to do it you would probibly have to make custom mounts...
    Scott, he has a Sebring and if you read above I already said the they are the same as 8g World Spec. My 5 lug swap came off a Sebring since they a much less beat than the 2g Eclpses

Quote Originally Posted by trigunracing View Post

do it man. just turbo it to feel the difference and then decide on the swap. once turboed youll get hooked

Build Thread

so what do i need for a turbo set up? , pistons? rings? ecu? gimme the break down . il attempt a 6g73 turbo setup i just hope i have enough space . every single person told me its not doable because theres absolutly no space to do anything, even if u relocate many items.

none of that. Since you have 2.5L even a 16g would work for you. Just need to buy a DSM turbo flange, a 2 to 1 pipe reducer with 2.5'' outlet so you can reroute you exhaust pipes to the turbo. Then you need a 8:1 fuel pressure regulator (thats for 8 psi boost, if you want 10 psi you need 10:1 fuel pressure regulator). And Im not sure what type of fuel control do these ECU use since there is no MAF, I have to look it up. Then you need boost gauge and a wideband and a larger exhaust (if you havent upgraded yet)

heres the picture i posted before.

You dont put the turbo where the exhaust manifolds are. you need to get the exhaust flow to a spot that easily accessible. youll need a 90 deg bend because the turbo oil drain must alsways point straight down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...item53e08852df

16g flange

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-1...item588755e977

then you gonna need to drill the pan and make an oil return line and probably run at least 3-4 feet SS 10 or 12 AN line to the pan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Of course blow off valve - 1g BOV is just fine.

Intercooler too. Side mount would be very sufficient.

Some like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-SID...item2303c18b48

Youll need a welder (if you dont have one already) and some other tools.

Part wise, consider buying some weldable o2 sensor bungs, other flanges, pipes, IC pipes ( you can weld some exhaust piping), probably 90 deg bends, 45 deg bends,bolts, nuts, washers

thats a typical single turbo conversion for any FWD v6 and even 8g vr4. theres never enough space.
    Last edited by mko; 04-30-2010 at 10:37 AM

Build Thread

ive gotten some suggestions from mechanics and was told if this is done, even keeping it at low psi the engine wont last long. plus looking at the parts and fits i tried to see where i could fit everything and it seems not worth the effort... i still think 6a13tt is worth doing because of the pricing. 800 for whole engine and tranny with turbo set up and ecu? its the same price as buying the turbo setup for the current engine.

Confuuuuused!.

How come I never came across this thread...
    EU 7G Galant E88A has a 6G73 DOHC
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...WS-from-Poland
    http://forum.mitsubishi-klubben.no/v...hp?f=66&t=2246
    Last edited by mysticj; 12-30-2013 at 09:16 AM
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123