The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What spark plugs are right for this?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar

What spark plugs are right for this?

Hey guys I came up with a little bump in finishing up my motor, and right now just in the process putting spark plugs in the motor.

Ok well I been searching around and trying to find the best spark plugs to use for my built motor. As most of you already know, its a fully built 4g64 motor with a SOHC head also built... and after braking in the motor Im going to be turning up the turbo up to 20 psi. Would any body know what spark plugs are right for this? I was thinking NGK Iridium spark plugs but I believe there are better choices for a turbocharged motor. Thanks guys

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

get ngk, if its good enough for Evos, its good enough for me. People usually get 1 step colder plugs for every 100 hp they add. So figure out how much HP you expect to get and buy accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    get ngk, if its good enough for Evos, its good enough for me. People usually get 1 step colder plugs for every 100 hp they add. So figure out how much HP you expect to get and buy accordingly.
    Yeah I think Imma stick with the NGK Irridium, but Im trying to figure out if I should keep the stock gap which is (.044) or close it up alil by (.030)???? hmmmmm
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 03-30-2010 at 04:13 PM

Ok nvm the irridium just found out those creat more heat which is something I dont want so....time to call NGK and see what I can find thanx for the help qnz