The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just got a galant need some help

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    pizzle330

just got a galant need some help

i cant find anything on motor swaps for this thing 2001 es 2.4 liter i found some engines i was wanting to drop a 2.4 liter turbo in it so if you know of any swaps and if the electrical is the same please help.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Dude search on the performance forum, https://www.thegalantcenter.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21,
    the first upgrade many do is the 5 spd swap from a 00-05 eclipse, search for that on the search feature, then you can swap a Evo VIII head or Kia Optima head to make it DOHC, or Turbo, all the info is in the forum even How To's and parts lists, just look for those key words on the search feature in the 8G section since 99-03 galants are 8g's.

4g64T 5spd

nooooo, he wanted to swap his 2.4 for a turbo 2.4 :D
    whole new engine, not just put a turbo on his existing engine...

yeah they didnt make turbo 2.4 for our cars, Plus this is in the wrong section it need to be in the 8g performance section

do a google search on a web site called tigerjapanese.com the last i looked it had an evo 3.0 twin turbo with all the extras for 800 bucks or so if i ever plan on doing a motor swap and dont feel like rebuilding one thats the route i am going to take...

MRG why are your sigs always so huge I believe limit is 500x200.

OP if you want a turbo engine to swap in you can get an evo 8 engine and swap in all the parts required or you can turbo your existing engine.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    MRG why are your sigs always so huge I believe limit is 500x200.

OP if you want a turbo engine to swap in you can get an evo 8 engine and swap in all the parts required or you can turbo your existing engine.
    thats what i was getting at.. it almost seems like he doesnt understand he can turbo his existing engine..

pizzle330
    it has 164000 miles on it

so he does understand :)
    sorry for assuming.
    in that case.. im no help. too much warranty left to get into that stuff