The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Well I am Probably Going to be Back...

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Well I am Probably Going to be Back...

I sold my Galant about a year or so ago to one of my friends for a good amount of money. He drove the hell out of the car and a few days ago he parked it and from what he described to me, it sounded like it threw a rod. Well, I went over today and cranked it for about a half second to see what he was talking about and sure enough, something in the bottom end is very broken. There are no holes in the side of the motor though, so I think it may be salvageable. He still owes me $300 on what he was supposed to have bought it for originally, and he has an old Isuzu Rodeo that he apparently likes more than the Galant. He wrecked the Isuzu and bought my car after that because he didn't want to fix it. Now he wants to fix the Isuzu and not the Galant. I am offering him to fix his Isuzu and forgive his $300 remainder in exchange for the Galant as it sits.

Good deal or no? I have been daydreaming all day about the 5 speed swap I never did and the possibility of a 4.0l stroker or something fun since I will have to rebuild the motor anyways...

Tell me your thoughts.

Whats wrong with the isuzu? And how much did he buy G for?

That sounds like a good deal to me, you paying for the parts? Man rodeos are fun as hell! The problem Only problem i had was that it was a massive gas guzzler. I had an 04

yes! that its a good deal even with a blown motor.. I hope you get it back. Go to a pick and pull and just do a motor swap. its a lil work, but after all said and done you'll have a nice car for around 1k. i could get a 6g72 engine complete for under $200 with 110k miles.. perfect for a rebuild or even another 100k miles. Thats my 2 cents.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

First you need to know how much does fixing the rodeo costs then you can decide.

4g64T 5spd

i would do it just because i enjoy working on cars but the question is is the funds avalable to fix not only the rodeo but also the g.

are you guys thinking he's getting the isuzu? I'm pretty sure he's saying he's going to get his galant back basically for $300 or free, whatever way you look at it.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

He is going to pay the galant by fixing his friend rodeo and forgiving his friend $300. I still think you need to know the cost of fixing the rodeo or if you have seen it and know what things need to be replace or fixed so you know an estimate of how much it will cost you.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    are you guys thinking he's getting the isuzu? I'm pretty sure he's saying he's going to get his galant back basically for $300 or free, whatever way you look at it.
    Omega is right read what youngin wrote

Quote Originally Posted by youngin3 View Post
    I am offering him to fix his Isuzu and forgive his $300 remainder in exchange for the Galant as it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    He is going to pay the galant by fixing his friend rodeo and forgiving his friend $300. I still think you need to know the cost of fixing the rodeo or if you have seen it and know what things need to be replace or fixed so you know an estimate of how much it will cost you.
    Thats why I asked how much he sold G for. For the price of fixing Isuzu and rebuilding motor on G he can buy a working v6 8G and 5spd swap it. Depending of course on whats wrong with Isuzu

YOU! you get out of here you quiter lol j/k

depends on how much the izuky cost to fix

He bought the G for 3000 - 300 = 2700 cash the day I gave it to him.

The Isuzu needs a radiator and a battery. I work at an automotive shop, so I can give him a battery for free that is close to new out of a car that a customer diagnosed themselves and told us to put a new battery on.

Radiators aren't that expensive either, so in all reality, I'm making a lot of money by doing this. That 2700 paid for my first year of college.

I am going to put the Galant in the air tomorrow and figure out exactly what is wrong with it so I know what I am getting into. It will probably just need a new motor. I have all of the tools to do a motor swap in one or two days, I just need to get the time and all of the funds to do the work.

I also have the decision to make of whether I want to finish my current project, ('78 Chevy C10) that I already have the motor down to the block, I just have to build it back up after I order the parts for it, or wait on it and fix the Galant now.

I will be driving a 2 hour round trip two to three times a week after this coming summer because I have to take classes in Corsicana, so I am leaning towards the more fuel efficient Galant, but then I feel like I need to finish what I started first before I do another motor...