The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Guy's Galant; Upgrades In-progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    tarheels

New Guy's '01 Galant GTZ; Upgrades In-progress

Just installed my new wheels/tires and springs. This is the only picture I've managed to grab so far, and it was taken with my iPhone so please don't mind if the quality is sub-par.

The wheels are 18" Mitsubishi OEM Eclipse GT Alloy Wheels ('06-'08 models, I believe), and are wrapped in Toyo Proxes4 225/40/r18 tires. It is lowered 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear using Eibach springs.

The car is damaged in the front from a couple of minor incidents. Repair is priority number one for the near future; after that, I'm looking to install new headlights, taillights, grille, and possibly new fog lights as well.

It isn't much so far, but it's a start!
    Last edited by tarheels; 03-31-2010 at 09:18 PM

Looks good so far! And a GTZ to boot!

Those are (06-08) Ralliart Galant and (05-08) Eclipse GT wheels. Though the Ralliart Galant had a hyper silver/black finish for one year.

blue8g
    looks good broski

tarheels
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Looks good so far! And a GTZ to boot!

Those are (06-08) Ralliart Galant and (05-08) Eclipse GT wheels. Though the Ralliart Galant had a hyper silver/black finish for one year.
    Thanks! WRT the wheels: HOW could I forget? I've drooled over a certain '07 Ralliart Galant more than once.

nice car man tinted tails would look dope on your car

awesome mannn....I want your wheels.

tarheels
    Thanks guys.

I was at a Mitsubishi dealership a few minutes ago and noticed a couple of 2010 Galants with my wheels. Turns out they are standard on the new Galant SEs. My personal opinion is that they look much better on the 8Gs than the 9Gs, but hey I'm biased...lol.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    i think if you lost the spoiler it flow alot better..love the wheelss tho

Those wheels looks great on an 8g but looks kinda small on the 9g/4g with stock height

So far so good, keep it up

tarheels
    Here we are, two months later, and I finally ordered my parts. I'm planning on installing halo projector headlights, Alteeza-style taillights, a custom-fabricated VR4 grille, as well as having repair and paint work completed by a friend/professional, and completing a few other minor modifications. No new pictures as of now, though; I guess I'll need a build thread soon, haha.

It's nice build so far but Altezza style tail lights? Aw man you just made a c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Good start, I love those wheels.

remove the pinstripes and the car will look much cleaner.

tarheels
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    It's nice build so far but Altezza style tail lights? Aw man you just made a c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!
    Heh. Well, if it makes any difference they are black, not silver:

I wanted black taillights to match the black headlights. Personally, I believe it will come together nicely. Could be wrong though.

I'm not going for a drastic change in appearance; I feel like I am more or less upgrading the car's appearance instead of transforming it. I love the '01 GTZs and feel fortunate to have one that is in relatively good shape, and want to emphasize the good looks Mitsubishi gave this model. That is why I'm leaving the bumpers, side skirts, and spoiler as-delivered. I hate the grille and taillights, which is why they are being swapped out; a broken headlight assembly led me to go ahead and grab up a pair of projector headlights (love those), which will be installed when the rest of the front-end damage is addressed.

tarheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    remove the pinstripes and the car will look much cleaner.
    That has definitely crossed my mind. I'm considering it.

Nice car man, keep up the good work.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

blue8g
    i would've gone with 3rd gen tails

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Nice wheels!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast