The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHCstunr's 1994 Galant GS build thread *10/31/2012

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 152
    Soooooo jealous. I want those seats BAD. Unfortunately I'm back to being a broke college student and can't afford them :(
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Love the seats. The GS seats are comfortable but I may swap them out if I decide to put the car on a diet.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

This is a nice car, very clean, very nice build!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks guys! I'm pretty satisfied with them. Its pretty cool how they can be firmer yet privide a smoother ride at the same time. I sit about 1/2" lower in the cabin now. Makes me feel that much more connected to the car and the road. It really changes the feel of the car.
    The fabricator I used is one of the best around here and he's super affordable. Some all of his work is pretty impressive and he's one of the most talented welders I've ever seen.
    Needless to say while I was these we came up with some ideas for my engine bay and I'll be going back there next week to do something that's going to change my engine bay dramatically. So i'm stoked. Woo.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Those look great, you will really learn to love em especially in the twisties.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Needless to say while I was these we came up with some ideas for my engine bay and I'll be going back there next week to do something that's going to change my engine bay dramatically. So i'm stoked. Woo.
    So I'm betting a 3-point strut bar or custom intercooler piping.

Oh, and you can just send me those GS seats you aren't using ;) I'll take good care of 'em.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Wszyc
    Great car! Only needs this rear bumper :)
    http://www.mitsubishi-klubben.no/upl...large__323.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    So I'm betting a 3-point strut bar or custom intercooler piping.

Oh, and you can just send me those GS seats you aren't using ;) I'll take good care of 'em.
    You are about half right!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Wszyc View Post
    Great car! Only needs this rear bumper :)
    yummy!
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Does that bumper come down further? I'm not really a fan of the no crash protection and the short bumper. I actually do love the usdm bumper... just wish it was as low as the skirts.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Great upgrade John...the Evo 8 seats do give the car a whole different feel. Weight savings are a big plus switching to Recaros compared to the stock seats also.

Glad you jumped the gun on the Evo seats...probably one of the best things you can do to truly benefit you and the car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I have to say that the Evo seats are amazing. I got to ride in the car this past weekend and they hold you in place while maintaining a comfy feeling. The Gs seats are an upgrade from the regular galant seats though. :)

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Thanks Kevin. I'm glad too. Really changed the look and feel of my interior, not to mention the function... and most importantly improved my satisfaction with the car. Just gotta keep working on my tune and get this motor tearing through tires again.

and Matt I'm glad you like the GS seats. Take good care of them for me.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Wszyc
    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2064/dsc00036ad.jpg

See for your self I don't know... This is that bumper (JDM, EU spec ) with original side skirts

Photo of my friends E88A

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

wOOt! How many of those did you put on? Mine is at 315k, yes 315,000. I pulled it out of the salvage yard at 303,000 though.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    wOOt! How many of those did you put on? Mine is at 315k, yes 315,000. I pulled it out of the salvage yard at 303,000 though.
    Picked up this car with 137,000 miles I think. Right around there anyways.
    Car has never been in better shape than it is now. The only thing left on it that's still original.is the back seats and the paint. Everything else has been replaced or upgraded. Crazy.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Wow man that is awesome mine is getting around there too.Mine has 188 thousand something on it.

A little over 129K on mines, the engine though is over 169K.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Something I should have done years ago. I made a shift boot for the black GS but the shifter trim was destroyed in the wreck. So when I installed the short shifter in the white GS it of course interferes with the factory accordion boot(which i have two of now on my work bench on the shelf of misfit parts)
    So as many of you know I've been driving without a shift boot for quite some time.
    Picked up this boot off of eBay. Its black suede with blue stitching. Compliments the Evo Recaros and finishes off my interior. I might get an Evo Momo wheel at some point if I come across a deal, but for now I'm happy with my leather wrapped GS wheel. You can see my Momo pedals in the floorboard. An ex got them for me and honestly they are one of my favorite mods. I highly recommend getting a quality set of pedals and ditching the factory rubber nonsense.

Shifter looks tall because of the 2g shift knob. Its not a OEM one its a weighted knob. Instead of the knob being nylon wrapped in leather, its like a lead alloy or a heavy pewter of some type wrapped in leather. I think it weighs in around 1.5 or 2 lbs. Its seriously heavy for its size and makes up for some of the leverage you lose when going with a short shifter. The extra weight helps when getting the lever from gear to gear.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast