The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Sales up 17%

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Mitsubishi Sales up 17%

Thought people would like this...I know I do... :D

Mitsubishi Motors Reports Sales Increase of More Than 17 Percent
    Font size: A | A | A
    2:49 PM ET 4/1/10 | PR Newswire

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today announced its highest monthly sales total since August. March 2010 sales of 5,434, were a 17.6 percent increase over March 2009, and Mitsubishi's second highest monthly total since October 2008.

"The increases spread across virtually our entire product portfolio," said MMNA President & CEO Shin Kurihara. "We're confident that as American customers return to the automotive marketplace they are definitely going to consider our brand."

Kurihara added, "We're launching our Dare To Compare national sales event today, so we're confident we can continue this momentum into the Spring."

March highlights included:

March sales increased 35 percent compared to the prior month (February 2010).

Lancer sales increased 47 percent from the prior month. It was the highest month for Lancer sales since August 2009.

March was the second best month for Lancer Sportback sales since its introduction in August 2009.

Galant sales were nearly three times the sales of the prior year (March 2009) and up 78 percent from February.

Outlander sales were up 31 percent compared to the prior year. March was the second best month of Outlander sales in nearly two years.

Endeavor sales were up 98 percent compared to March 2009.

Year to date sales of vehicles manufactured at MMNA's U.S. factory in Normal, Illinois, are up 12 percent. (Galant, Endeavor, Eclipse, Eclipse Spyder)

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, and marketing operations for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells coupes, convertibles, sedans, sport utility vehicles, and light trucks through a network of more than 400 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.

SOURCE Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America, Inc.

Great news! That means that they will be around for a while if it stays this way.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    wait.. is this april fools?

Thats good to hear. I was starting to get worried that mitsu might not be around too much longer hopefully they're on the upswing. I still don't know what the hell they're thinking w/ the new galants other then they're just givin up on the platform and they'll just let it die out.

Quote Originally Posted by galant3jl12's View Post
    Thats good to hear. I was starting to get worried that mitsu might not be around too much longer hopefully they're on the upswing. I still don't know what the hell they're thinking w/ the new galants other then they're just givin up on the platform and they'll just let it die out.
    Indeed, it is like McDonald's giving up on the BigMac.

Experienced TGC Member
    I thought it was pretty interesting that mitsubishi made some of those tunnel boring machines. I watched one of those build it bigger shows and seen that. It was pretty shocking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Mitsubishi makes everything.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Mitsubishi as a whole, produces almost everything. The automotive portion of Mitsubishi has been struggling in the past years though. But anyway I can believe how Mitsubishi is "killing off" the Galant. It's not exactly a popular car. The new Lancer has plenty of "go" for the average person, as well as good looks, good build quality, plenty of room, and a fairly inexpensive price. Although the Galant has been around for 9 generations, I wouldn't say it's like McDonald's getting rid of the BigMac.. maybe more the McFillet or whatever