The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are there any crate engines?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!!
    my friend went to a garage and got a turbo on his Celica and now put out a 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. only spent 4k. just shop around if you dont know too much and have them do the work

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

i'll tell you right now...stay away from the 2.3; they almost always make more torque than hp.

as fun as it was from a roll, all the torque it produces isn't very friendly on a fwd car.

if you're on a budget, locate an evo head, piece together a turbo kit, misc parts, and you'll be good.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Right on. I wasnt even thinking about the torque. Thanks for the advice. I have been looking in to building my own turbo kit. Wasnt planning on the head swap, but if i come across on for a descent price.... lol
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    All you need is a brain and willingness to read/learn. I knew nothing about cars when I first got my Galant. Couldnt tell the difference between an air filter and oil filter. I remember PMing Stewi asking him where he learned all the crap he knows. 6 years later and lots of reading, I turbo'd and tuning my own car and still learning everyday.
    word.

I got my first 8g back in 2002 and paid people to change my oil and brakes until mid 2004, me, my gf's dad and her brother swapped the car to 5 speed, took nearly 2 weeks I had no clue wtf I was doing but I figured it out. Then 1 short year later I was rolling around with an EVO swap, that swap was with the help of a shop, but I did alot of work myself. I spent countless hours reading forums, TGC, GF, GalantSpeed, EVOM, LancerRegister, etc. It takes time but you will figure it out. I was very fortunate to have access to any tool you can imagine because of my gf's (now wife) dad, but still you can buy tools as you go. I'd day you can invest about $500 in tools and have a pretty good basic setup to do most of your own stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12