The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are there any crate engines?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Are there any crate engines?

I did a quick search and came up with nothing. So i guess i will face the firing squad and ask away....

Does anyone know where to go to buy a crate 4g63t for an Evo8 so that i could do the Evo swap in my 8g? I am dying to do this swap, but there are none for sale in my area or on ebay. So where should i go to buy one?

And let the flaming begin. lol
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

blue8g
    just go on evolutionm.net

Actually, I was just doing some research and i think im going to tune the 2.4. Completely ignore the first post!!! But i have a few question. I was reading that the 4g63t can be stroked from a 2.0 to a 2.3. Is there a stroker for the 2.4? and what would be the final? And what will give me the best results, and evo head or the kia head? I plan on using the stock evo8 turbo and intercooler and other accessories, just not too sure about the head.

blue8g
    there's a stroker that takes the 64 from 2.4 to 2.6........but it'll just make it even lower revving

So it wouldnt be any good?

not really to much stress on everything just do what the evo guys do, their head and turbo compontents, and our block. if its good enough for them its good enough for me. also the make pistons and rods for the 4g64 block with 4g63 head

hmmmmm, sounds like i have alot more searching to do.

Are there any other good companies that i could buy a turbo kit from since Tearstone doesnt sell turbo kits anymore?

blue8g
    i'm pretty sure it's strictly custom kits for us

Just piece together your own bro
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

@blue8g- Thats what i was afraid of.

@greddy- I wish it was that easy. But i really dont know anything about turbos or what they need. I know the basics, but nothing else. I wouldnt even be doing the work myself. The car would be going into a shop and everything would be done there. I wish i had the know how.

I guess i will start with the things that i know i will need. And just work from there. Start off with the easy to find stuff and hope i know what i am doing. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    @blue8g- Thats what i was afraid of.

@greddy- I wish it was that easy. But i really dont know anything about turbos or what they need. I know the basics, but nothing else. I wouldnt even be doing the work myself. The car would be going into a shop and everything would be done there. I wish i had the know how.

I guess i will start with the things that i know i will need. And just work from there. Start off with the easy to find stuff and hope i know what i am doing. lol.
    It's simple to put your own kit together bro. Search here and over at club 3g a lot of people have thier parts list posted and see what goals you want to achieve and work from there. Go on evom and look around thier F/S section for stuff. Read, reread, and read again, to get a better understanding and to see what you missed. Also look into that book Maximum Boost, I know thier is a pdf file of it but I don't remember where I saw it.

Good Luck

Im guessing those are all JDM engines right?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    get a HAFE cast stainless manifold for a DSM, get a JM fab heatshield for a DSM w/external gate cutout, get a tial MVS wastegate and the MVS to 38mm adaptor flange from ATP turbo, get the DSM to T3 exhaust flange adaptor from ebay, and your choice of T3/4 turbo, I recommend a billet wheel HP turbo from precision. All that stuff bolts together and fits, then you just need to have a downpipe and wastegate dump tube made, thats easy for a shop to do. Look for old pics of my car, this is the setup I used to run, I had a regular 38mm gate tho because the MVS wasnt out then, but it is now.

Tada, kit pieced together.

Intercooler and piping will need to be pieced togther, but again, thats easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

AMS makes a crate motor. got $13k?

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/M...te-motors.html

Tomei also makes a crate motor. I think those were $20k

Gotta pay to play

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon

All you need is a brain and willingness to read/learn. I knew nothing about cars when I first got my Galant. Couldnt tell the difference between an air filter and oil filter. I remember PMing Stewi asking him where he learned all the crap he knows. 6 years later and lots of reading, I turbo'd and tuning my own car and still learning everyday.

hmmmmm, sounds like i have alot more searching to do.
    Honestly dude I can understand having some questions, but you've been here longer then I have you know where the search feature is.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=228486

That is an example of the 2.6 Brian Crower Stroker Kit for Our cars.

After talking to brian in the past, stewi not crower, I agreed that it seems that a 2.2L with 4G64 bottom end would be a great engine to work with.

Thanks for all of the info guys. But like i said, i know how to do the basics (ie-mechanic work) but its the other things that i dont know (ie-tuning, which parts i need and which are the best). I thank you guys for all of the advice. Im going to start researching and building my setup.

Oh, I do have one more important thing.

My engine has about 145xxx miles on it. Should i be worried? I was told that it should be good to go as long as it passes a compression test. Is that right?

Thanks for all of the info guys. But like i said, i know how to do the basics (ie-mechanic work) but its the other things that i dont know (ie-tuning, which parts i need and which are the best). I thank you guys for all of the advice. Im going to start researching and building my setup.

Oh, I do have one more important thing.

My engine has about 145xxx miles on it. Should i be worried? I was told that it should be good to go as long as it passes a compression test. Is that right?
    You will be fine with a basic turbo build like 6-10 psi but parts do wear out so you should replace parts as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast