The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WIdeband

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

WIdeband

I just bought a wideband and wanted to know if its any good wit n/a or can I tune wit it

Are you sure its a real wideband and not a narrowband gauge that are more commonly out there. A wideband is needed for tuning, however without a dyno and ecuflash, then the wideband would be useless for the car

^^ without the stuff to tune it. All it will do is tell you how pig rich these cars run from the factory, and maybe blink a few lights

well its a aem wideband with o2 sensor and my buddy tunes and he has the tantrixs setup.i will be installing headers 3" full exhaust 3" intake. my intake manifold has been ported and polished(and let me tell u do it!!) and i was thinkin of advancin the timing.so wit those mods do u think i can gain some good hp?

are you v6??

In you are i4 i would be careful as the intake manfolds are flimsy and porting it will accelerated it to crack.

Do you plan on advanceing the timing through cam gears or ECU??

to a extent you will pick up some stuff maybe 20-30(and that is being genrous)

na im a v6 and i have already ported and polished the manifold!and yes i do plan on advancing the timing but i need to do more researching first and im not sure if it will be ecu or cam gears.what do u think would be the best option?im sure most of u will say just do a swap but that will be next year i just want to get the most from my 6 for the time being

is there a definition for your v6 rom? I wasnt aware if they had defined the most popular ones

i have a guy who is maken one as we speak.hes been on it for awhile he said he should be done soon.

soon meaning week or so

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    A wideband is needed for tuning, however without a dyno and ecuflash, then the wideband would be useless for the car
    If you want nothing but power numbers, then yes a dyno is needed...though tuning on the road still proves more efficient to some. If you want peak power tuned, use a dyno, if you want drivability tuned, tune on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    well its a aem wideband with o2 sensor and my buddy tunes and he has the tantrixs setup.i will be installing headers 3" full exhaust 3" intake. my intake manifold has been ported and polished(and let me tell u do it!!) and i was thinkin of advancin the timing.so wit those mods do u think i can gain some good hp?
    What do you have done to the engine to require a 3" exhaust? Unless you are turbo, or have swapped to the 3.8L engine the 3" exhaust will give you poor results and severe loss of low-mid range power. Have you upgraded to a Diamante, XG350, or Eclipse GTS intake manifold? Or did you simply port the stock upper manifold? The stock manifold FYI sucks, and you wasted your time porting/polishing that item.

With those mods, on stock engine, you might see a 15hp gain...most of this will be from actually getting a tune on what is essentially still a stock engine (unless you have done more work to it).

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    na im a v6 and i have already ported and polished the manifold!and yes i do plan on advancing the timing but i need to do more researching first and im not sure if it will be ecu or cam gears.what do u think would be the best option?im sure most of u will say just do a swap but that will be next year i just want to get the most from my 6 for the time being
    All of your timing adjustment should be done via the ECU ignition timing for a stock engine. Cam gears adjustment on stock cams won't do much with the OEM 3.0L cams installed, and this is primarily used for aftermarket cams.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    is there a definition for your v6 rom? I wasnt aware if they had defined the most popular ones
    There are a few of them out there... 99-00 we have, and I believe we also have an 02-03 as well

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    "3" full exhaust" bye bye tourque

well i guess its best to pu the 2.5 on!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    shoot i got the AEM wideband and the MAF GENII, still havent went turbo yet and now thinking about parting with it all.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678