The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Building a completely new 4g64

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 62
    Experienced TGC Member
    supposedly with arp studs the oem composite gasket is good for 30 PSI.. Not sure if thats true or not but its all over dsmtuners.com

Ye i plan on keeping it chill at under 20psi...but no there isnt an ARP stud kit for the sohc 4g64...I dunno if somethin else would ghetto-fit but i might just go with stock bolts def getting different pistons for that thing cuz the stock turned out pretty shitty.. got a decked head already(saving for the block) and prolly get a copper gasket from these guys http://www.headgasket.com/gaskets.html it should hold cuz if I get pistons compression will drop down to 8.5 stock crank and rods are forged and a 5spd tranny swap will come before a turbo ever touches the car.. so hope for the best guys this engine build should be done in about a month, even tho im goin to vegas in the end of may so that may slow things down a bit.....more pics coming soon

but if you win money in vegas it will speed things up

I dont know what brand of pistons to get so far I settled on JE

I would think the EVO ARP studs would work.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

dude yeah i have been looking into that but I dont have enough to actually go ahead and buy a set also I have been trying to find out how thick is the stock heaad gasket cuz im gonna order a custom all copper one piece gasket or a multi piece cometic but i heard cometic is over rated...so if anyone has experience with head gaskets please throw some advice this way

Talked to a machine shop today the will press in my new forged pistons and balance everything within a couple grams for $500, of course I still have to pay $630 for a new machined block(since mine isn't rebuild-able) and another $600 for the actual piston set soo..hopefully this thing will be bullet-proof

Experienced TGC Member
    jesus christ thats alot of money for a piston installation and balance combo.... Here they press pistons on for 30 bucks and balance the whole entire rotating assembly for 125... No shabby shit either. They have been open for 40 years and specialize in marine applications which tells me their work is good considering that marine engines have to be very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    jesus christ thats alot of money for a piston installation and balance combo.... Here they press pistons on for 30 bucks and balance the whole entire rotating assembly for 125... No shabby shit either. They have been open for 40 years and specialize in marine applications which tells me their work is good considering that marine engines have to be very reliable.
    yeah dude thats shat i thought but i dont think they fully understood me because he said rebuilding a short block is 500 and Im actually buying a block thats already been rebuild but I will see what happens when I ship it there and they check it out but the place I went to also does marine shit so it should be all good... ill let u guys kno but rnow i gotta pack cuz vegas here i come

ordered a v6 throttle body today will post pics soon and the block is comin

is that the prothane 4cyl 3g eclipse kit that you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    is that the prothane 4cyl 3g eclipse kit that you are using?
    yeah but the only thing with the one I got was the rear mount on the firewall didnt really come in the kit so i just bought another new stock oune and its all good but the project is pretty time consuming dude.....rippin up the stock mounts is probably the most time consuming

yea i know, when i did them for my 3g i did one and it took a couple hours and a few flatheads, but luckily at my buddies shop theres a press that gets them out quick, also ive seen the pictures for the kit and it looks like theres a 2 piece part that looks kinda wierd, would it be better to just get the v6 kit?

no v6 is different man i dont think it would work

got the v6 throttle body in.....it odd but i painted it white! cuz I plan on blacking out the cold air and the intake manifold..
    here it is compared to mine

and here it is white

taking my intake manigold to this pro ass welder guy in Rockford to cut the flange off and make a newer one, even bigger than the V6 throttle opening, just in case i decide to bore it out even more. I have seen people just slap the V6 throttle on there......but why? unless you bore out the manifold I don't see it workin that well so....im borin

Also somethin that might be helpful....ARP studs for the Evo fit on perfect the part number is 207-4203 11mm hsk '94up 4g63
    Last edited by wrakd; 07-15-2010 at 02:03 PM

Took my IM to a welder/machinist and he made me a custom overbored throttle body flange to fit the V6 diameter, so the V6 TB is an actual upgrade... He also welded it real nice and created side reinforcement so i dont get the common IM crack all american 4g64 get

Then painted it gloss black...

and finally something major!!!! my new 4g64 short block came in today!! I will be putting custom order JE or Wiseco Pistons in it and then its goin in!!!

Last edited by wrakd; 08-18-2010 at 03:03 AM

It looks bro. But just get an 03 outlander mani. Is better and stronger. Since you upgrading the diamante tb.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast