The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Building a completely new 4g64

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 62
    is that a new oem short block?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    It looks bro. But just get an 03 outlander mani. Is better and stronger. Since you upgrading the diamante tb.
    I thought you couldn't bolt a V6 tb to the outlander IM because you need outlander tb and sensors... plus the welder is a friend so it was cool he is probably gonna weld me up a custom intercooler setup and down pipe after this motor is in, shit the guy is so good he told me he can weld me up a fully custom intake manifold but he has to charge me a few hundred for that so i will see how this one holds off for now i still want to swapp those oem pistons out for JE or Wiseco so im sort of budgeting
    Last edited by wrakd; 08-19-2010 at 12:34 AM

Nahh bro is mahh easy. Right now i'm in the process of doing that swap, the only thing you need is the TBS, IAC from the diamante plus the harness "plugs" everything else should be easy. It should be easy since you have your engine outside. Think about it.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

dropped off the block at the machine shop today...waiting on the guy to call me back with prices and options.

Getting forged pistons with rings and pins and everything balanced on that motor, it's .50 overbored.

.50????? is that even safe???? that is a huge overbore, everybody i know bores either .020 or .030 over, anything after that they junk a block.
    Last edited by mrg7243; 09-10-2010 at 12:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by wrakd View Post
    dropped off the block at the machine shop today...waiting on the guy to call me back with prices and options.

Getting forged pistons with rings and pins and everything balanced on that motor, it's .50 overbored.
    i hope you mean 50 thousanths, because .50 is half an inch lol, and i think the max you can do its 40 thousanths on the 4g64 block safely... i could be wrong though...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I am talking in millimeters not inches .50 is half a millimeter
    1 mm = 0.039370079 OR 5/127 inches

The guy from the machine shop ordered the forged pistons from JE with 8.5:1 compression goin a lil lower to ensure my turbo setup will be stable. $600 dollars for the custom piston order with pins and rings, i dunno how much labor is gonna be yet..he is gonna balance it too.
    Got the adjustable timing gear and head studs and when I pick up the block from the shop all i need is an engine gasket kit and an oil pan then its all assemble and drop in

not sure you really need the ADJ cam gear since you are running a stock cam?? Adj cam gears is a tool to help set aftermarket cams. Though they cam be used on stock cams, the benefiets dont constitute the price. MAybe 2-3 hp

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    not sure you really need the ADJ cam gear since you are running a stock cam?? Adj cam gears is a tool to help set aftermarket cams. Though they cam be used on stock cams, the benefiets dont constitute the price. MAybe 2-3 hp
    yeah it is to adjust the timing without getting the belt off....i wasnt thinking horsepower when i bought it but ultimately thats what you get from a properly tuned motor....Its sort of a bitch to get to the belt so might as well have a quick and easy adjustment option

AEM TRU-TIME Adjustable Cam Gears increase horsepower and torque without having to change the camshaft(s) and are must-have items for engines that are milled, forced induction, high compression and/or utilizing aftermarket competition cams. AEM's gears enable users to match cam timing with their vehicle's tuning state by advancing or retarding the cam profile in one-degree increments via true laser-etched markings.

Correct me if i am wrong but you cant adjust timing one the SOHC with the stock cam, since these are interference motors. Now with a adj cam gear on a SOHC all you are doing is really playing with the ignition timing. Since we have a camshaft sensor that tells the ECU when to fire spark. By advancing/ retarding you are just changing when the ECU fires spark in the combustion cycle. I do not know much about tuning yet, i have been reading alot. But from what i have read you can adjust the ignition timing with a piggyback, or the EVO ECU. I havent read this thread in awhile to se what tuning you are going for.

If you were going for DOHC, the the adj cam gear would be worthwhile as you can change the intake and exhaust valve timing.
    Last edited by mrg7243; 10-21-2010 at 12:51 PM

yeah thats exactly right thats why the DOHC evo head is way better, but this cam gear can be helpful to get your car to even idle with heavy mods, but as you said on our cars now you can do that with a piggy back, but dude its part of under hood aesthetics too...im getting all the gadgets before i go turbo so when i go get it tuned those guys will have something to work with I might actually take it to AMS here in chicago..

thats true, i was just telling you it wasnt entirely needed, but i will admit they do looks badass haha. Ams is going to charge you out the ass i would just got to a reputebale shop, that does mitsus.
    What tuning are you going with??

yeah ive heard about ams prices i might just hit up another shop as you said but as far as tunable parts i plan on upgrading the fuel system to an overkill with a pump, an lines, rail, fpr, wrx pink injectors(for now), and as far as ignition, timing and all that fuel air crap will be managed by an AEM ems(first gen for evo VIII/IX) because i want a well-fed turbo setup.. the only reason i still have the SOHC is to see its potential(and its way cheaper), eventually, after this setup i want to go 4G64/63head hybrid, but thats at least a year from now i wanna see how this 4g64 is gonna do, my goal with it is at least 300whp

what flow rate are the pinktops?? cause you should go with the 560ccs

i would build the trans aswell i have a fully built 4g64 sohc with a huge turbo and the tranny and axles will break if you plan on making killer boost

Quote Originally Posted by bwracing00 View Post
    i would build the trans aswell i have a fully built 4g64 sohc with a huge turbo and the tranny and axles will break if you plan on making killer boost
    yeah for sure man, i want to swap to the 5speed 3rd gen eclipse manual and so tougher axels wouldnt be bad, but you are right that 4speed auto is junk haha!

Quote Originally Posted by wrakd View Post
    yeah for sure man, i want to swap to the 5speed 3rd gen eclipse manual and so tougher axels wouldnt be bad, but you are right that 4speed auto is junk haha!

fucking dodge tranny im pretty sure....what a piece of crap...what a disgrace to mitsubishi letting dodge do that to the galant

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You got some crazy colors going on but so far everything is lookking pretty good...well once its finished we shall see what the results are. Goodluck

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Well lettuce see these results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast