The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick question about my turbo build.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Quick question about my turbo build.

So I searched for this, but didn't find the answer. Will an evo 9 intercooler fit or is it better to get a thin long one off ebay or somewhere.

I am open to suggestions for intercooler and parts in general

So here is what I have:
    TD05 16GH
    Evo 8 ECU
    Evo 9 Fuel Pump
    Evo 8 fuel rail
    Evo 8 FPR

May be getting this weekend.
    Evo 8 TD05H 16G 10.5
    Evo 8 Exhaust Mani
    Evo 8 o2 Housing(will this work didnt see anything about it in how to turbo your 4g64)
    Evo 8 BOV
    Evo 9 Intercooler(if it is suggested to be used)

I know with evo 8 mani I need to run spacers and can get them from RRE I was planning to go with evo 3, but I found a great deal on a bundle which included the 10.5 hotside o2 housing and bov

I am thinking of looking for the pink wrx injectors since they are close to plug and play. I am very open to suggestions so let me know what you think.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-05-2010 at 05:35 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the ix intercooler will work and as will the stock piping for the most part from what i remember. at least for the most part. you are however better off using something bigger in the initial build if you plan on running more boost in the future. and hard piping is of course better and more attractive under the hood. the stock piping also varies in size in a few spots.

the bov is fine

the blues are also fine and can be modded to 440cc (i believe) its what a lot of people start out with generally

Thanks craig, I found an IX intercooler for 40 bucks locally so I figured its a good deal since I am doing this turbo build on a budget, right but on a budget.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Thanks craig, I found an IX intercooler for 40 bucks locally so I figured its a good deal since I am doing this turbo build on a budget, right but on a budget.
    Stock motor right? How much psi you thinking on running?

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Stock motor right? How much psi you thinking on running?
    I am thinking between 8-10 for just a bit more power daily. For now at least. I got a good deal on the parts I already have and thats what got me started now I am finding other decent deals and may have most of the pieces done for under 500 bucks besides the custom work like down pipe.

Do the evo8 o2 housings work?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    You'll be fine with the Stock evo Intercooler, rem that bigger is not always better when it comes to turbo charging bc you will lose power. Running 8-10 psi will be fine running on stock intercooler

For the 02 housing I believe it does...I don't see why it wouldn't. Its just the elbow outlet thats connected to the turbo, after that customize the down pipe to fit.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    So I searched for this, but didn't find the answer. Will an evo 9 intercooler fit or is it better to get a thin long one off ebay or somewhere.

I am open to suggestions for intercooler and parts in general

So here is what I have:
    TD05 16GH
    Evo 8 ECU
    Evo 9 Fuel Pump
    Evo 8 fuel rail
    Evo 8 FPR

May be getting this weekend.
    Evo 8 TD05H 16G 10.5
    Evo 8 Exhaust Mani
    Evo 8 o2 Housing(will this work didnt see anything about it in how to turbo your 4g64)
    Evo 8 BOV
    Evo 9 Intercooler(if it is suggested to be used)

I know with evo 8 mani I need to run spacers and can get them from RRE I was planning to go with evo 3, but I found a great deal on a bundle which included the 10.5 hotside o2 housing and bov

I am thinking of looking for the pink wrx injectors since they are close to plug and play. I am very open to suggestions so let me know what you think.
    i'ld say the evo IC is too tall. Dont get it. my IC is 32x8x2.75. The Evo IC is 11" tall I think, so you'ld have to remove your crashbar, or have it hanging out the bottom of your bumper

dont get the evo 8 bov. its cheap and plastic and leaks boost.

You want the 2005-2008 560cc WRX dark blue injectors. The light blues are only 440cc and the sti pinks are only 560cc but more expensive.

the evo o2 housing will work

Why use the Evo manifold and spacers? IMO, it looks sloppy with two spacers.