The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Went to wire up the speedo...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 195
    ^oh ok my bad... hopefully we got this fixed... i've been looking at the wiring and diagrams, and for the life of me, it all points to 3 and 4.... so idk...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

ok, I worked on this a few times and here's where I am at right now.

I was reviewing the wire diagram sheet and looked for distinct wires that are only on one side (to distinguish a reference where pin 1 is, thus located 3 and 4 afterwards).

I used wire 8 as a reference; it's the wire for the engine coolant gauge. The color is Black and Red.

Looking at the harness (C-17) you find the one location for pin 8.

Using the diagram, and seeing pin 8 is the same side as pins 1 and 2.

(The other two wires on my finger are pins 1 and 2 according to the diagram, Red/Blue and Black/White. I've wired it to those wires and the speedo didn't work.)
    You would determine pins 3 and 4 on the other side of the harness, which the next picture shows, at least for my harness and diagram.

My pin 3 is Yellow/Black and my pin 4 is Gray/Silver, this was the same two wires that worked for the speedo when I drove to Florida, but unfortunately for some reason I've wired the same setup back and it does not work. This is why I mentioned I might have to disconnect the battery and reconnect, just to double check cuz that's what i did last time before it started working again.

One thing confusing me is the wires at the actual sensor are the same wire in the diagram, yet viewing the same wires on the harness you see different colors.
    (Pins 3 and 4 in the diagram are Yellow/Black and Black/Blue respectively, yet pins 3 and 4 on the harness are Yellow/Black and Gray/Silver )

I'm gonna try to continue working on this after work tomorrow but this is where i'm at thus far.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Any update on this? Are you already able to fix this? Thanks
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Any update on this? Are you already able to fix this? Thanks
    I left my current wires connected and it works (unless i'm over 3/4 tank full then the speedo spikes). I'm gonna try to review the diagrams over the weekend and find out which wire i'm supposed to wire to. I just never fill over 3/4 so my speedo's been working the whole time.

will let you and WhiteGalant know the details....

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Hey if anybody wants to work on the tranny speed sensor wiring my car is just sitting there waiting for some help.lol Im prob going to have the same problem cuz I have a 2002 Galant. Roman or Brian anybody that could help me out wire up the tranny to my car that would be awesome, and maybe get some answers here.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    I left my current wires connected and it works (unless i'm over 3/4 tank full then the speedo spikes). I'm gonna try to review the diagrams over the weekend and find out which wire i'm supposed to wire to. I just never fill over 3/4 so my speedo's been working the whole time.

will let you and WhiteGalant know the details....
    Appreciate bro. thanks.

This is good. Lets get to the bottom of this. This is good info for future 5 speed conversion. I know by experience when you start messing with wires sometimes there are space for a fuse to blow up. Always check fuse after you change or try to re-wire.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

No problem Galante.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    This is good. Lets get to the bottom of this. This is good info for future 5 speed conversion. I know by experience when you start messing with wires sometimes there are space for a fuse to blow up. Always check fuse after you change or try to re-wire.
    Good point, i'll check the fuse boxes before and after re-wiring.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If I ever get some free time I might take the drive out to help you with this Drew, this way we can put a nail in this coffin and save everyone else the trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    If I ever get some free time I might take the drive out to help you with this Drew, this way we can put a nail in this coffin and save everyone else the trouble
    true
    I work in Manhattan, let me know the day so I can drive to work and I'll drive to you after work.

Sounds good. I bet you will get it working. If you need any diagram let me know.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Already have diagrams, I have to see Stewi's diagrams to see if they're different from mine.

Thanks guys! I will try to rewire my speedo soon too next Sat as will swap the tranny at that time. Please keep us posted.

all right so this is starting to bug me no speedo... which kinda sucks... and no oddometer which is awesome.. lol needless to say i wanna get it fixed... so i started looking and read from another thread that there has to be wires there that can feed the signal all the way up to the cluster.... so i was thinking the a/t using two sensors, basically to see the torque slippage? between the input and output shaft... so if under normal driving with the 5 speed, do you think we could some how wire the speed sensor to the Two wires of the TWO different sensors to the one wire output signal of the 5 speed speed sensor..... so that it will send it to the pcm, and then to the cluster? or has this already been tried?

If the idea you have is correct that the input/output shaft speed signals would in fact get the vehicle speed to the ECU then to the cluster, this is what I would do. I would wire the signal from the speed sensor on the 5 speed tranny to the output shaft signal wire.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

that makes sense... pin 3 is the power wire correct? and pin 2 is the signal? pin one is the chassis ground i'm assuming...
    Last edited by Galantman03; 08-17-2010 at 06:26 PM

I cant remember off the top of my head. I dont have the diagrams on this PC so I cant check now.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

alright so i attempted this today.... hooked it up and nothing... then i swapped 2 wires on the speed sensor itself, just incase i mixed them up, still NOTHING! lol i'm beginning to think i have a bad speed sensor... if you hooked up the wires wrong on the speed sensor, you could fry it correct? i'm beginning to think thats what happened. OR maybe you have to hook up both the input and output signal wires on the harness to the 3 wires on the speed sensor... that i did not try... any suggestions?

anybody? Bueller? Bueller? What was that? Nobody? lol

i'm gonna try to wire my sensor later.. i hope it will work following run's method. I don't mind it working under 3/4 fuel tank for as long as I have a speedo.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast