The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Went to wire up the speedo...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 195
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    That would be awesome bro bc im lost.lol
    Yeah bro is simple. How is your g. Is been a while you dont post.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Yeah bro is simple. How is your g. Is been a while you dont post.
    That would be great bro, and thanks for asking bout my car. Yeah shes all done but have alil problem with her =( Everything works out perfect but for some reason car dosnt want to start. It cranks over but not starting. Their is spark and fuel pressure but nothing is coming out of the injectors. I think its bc of the resistor box not wired up right bc I did get the immob deleted from ECU, but only thing is that I ran out of time and school came back.lol so now have work and school and no time for the car so what I did was sent it to TurboTrix to take a look at it but so far nothing....its been 3 weeks and they havnt called me so this week Im ganna stop by and see what they are doing.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

That would be great bro, and thanks for asking bout my car. Yeah shes all done but have alil problem with her =( Everything works out perfect but for some reason car dosnt want to start. It cranks over but not starting. Their is spark and fuel pressure but nothing is coming out of the injectors. I think its bc of the resistor box not wired up right bc I did get the immob deleted from ECU, but only thing is that I ran out of time and school came back.lol so now have work and school and no time for the car so what I did was sent it to TurboTrix to take a look at it but so far nothing....its been 3 weeks and they havnt called me so this week Im ganna stop by and see what they are doing.
    Yeah bro. I could say is the immob. If you using a evo computer there are 3 places to delete the immob. Is good idea to double check the resistor box. All signal goes to the resistor and the ground goes to the ECU. Keep me posted. I could help you in whatever i can.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Here is the Video i took. Fuel is below half.. This is my 02 Galant with Stock computer

SOHC Turbo

So when I am running the signal wire to the yellow black c 17, am I supposed to cut the yellow black wire? Or am I supposed to simply connect the signal wire to that wire (with no cuts)?

Get t-taps, and tap it in, NO CUTTING!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Lmao

Experienced TGC Member
    Those things need to be banned

T-Taps are great for quick circuit diag or other short term testing that is about it. Over time these things become loose, give intermittent connections and cause a number of headaches. Save yourselves the trouble and just buy the butt connectors, insulated or not...you will thank yourself should you ever have any wiring issues later.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

I agree with you to a point but if you get the correct ones (not the ones they sell at walmart) then your good to go

Experienced TGC Member
    I agree with you to a point but if you get the correct ones (not the ones they sell at walmart) then your good to go
    Doesn't matter which ones, when I worked for ATS Diesel we saw a lot of wiring issues over the 3 years I was there that were caused by these types of connections. You have to remember these types of terminals "pinch" into the wire jacket and make contact with the core. Over time the metal pieces start chewing into the copper core of the wire and breaking the strands of wire, ultimately causing intermittent contact issues.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

If you use a dissimilar metal, yes it will break the conduit as we do see that alot with the jets on harnesses that move quite a bit. But I have never seen it happen (yet) on a harness that is left alone on the jet, with the use of copper "t-taps" in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    There is not an issue anymore for the 02-03 galant for a fully 5 speed swap with cel fix and speedo fix.

Dion and my self got the speedo working 100% with no issue and no low fuel problems.

Very simple very clean fix

What we did was we took the input speed sensor ground and relay power. The signal wire we reused it that is the white wire. Now two ways of doing this for the signal. Go to the pcm conector wire look for the white wire that goes to pin 103 on the pcm.

Option 1
    Cut white wire on pin 103 and tap it to the green and yellow wire on pin 80.

Option 2 you could brige 103 and 80. W & G-Y wire. This option is what we did.

You are all set.
    The hardest thing is to take out the blower motor. But is oem fix and is the right way.

Speedo working on dash and pcm. Log speed on evoscan and it shows the right speed. I will pull out some diagram for easy visual.
    Has anyone tried this? Is he saying that his method can both get rid of the CELs and fix the speedo? I am wondering about this because I noticed in one of his posts that he does not have any CELs. He also claims that he is still using the stock computer.

btw. I am a little confused on what he is saying. Where does the signal wire connect to?

Quote Originally Posted by prestosamsung View Post
    Has anyone tried this? Is he saying that his method can both get rid of the CELs and fix the speedo? I am wondering about this because I noticed in one of his posts that he does not have any CELs. He also claims that he is still using the stock computer.

btw. I am a little confused on what he is saying. Where does the signal wire connect to?
    im lost myself! ive been waiting for a official how-to wire up the speedo on the 02s
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Quote Originally Posted by prestosamsung View Post

This is only to fix the speedo on the 02 and 03. It would not fix any CEL INCLUDING the trani codes.

Read it again a follow the instruction. Look around for diagrams and where things are located before you do the fix.

SOHC Turbo

ok so i got the wires set like you say but it still doesnt work....i read your post and thought for a sec the G-Y is pin 104 output shaft speed sensor, not 103 (input shaft speed sensor) so why are you tapping 80 into 103 wheni think you meant 104 because it is G-Y
    2002 Galant LS 3.0L V6 5spd, CAI

We are reusing the wire from the A/T so you wont have to run any wires.

U could use 103 or 104. Is the same signal. I used 103 and it works.

Im going to write a better tutorial.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-11-2012 at 10:10 PM

SOHC Turbo

Ok made this last night. For people that needs visual.

This is with a 99-00 speed sensor connector 2.4L and V6. Same goes with other speed sensor pigtail

For V6 Guys using a 3G speed sensor connector color goes as this
    B-W "black with white" = Power to relay Connect to input shaft sensor wire power
    B "Black" = Ground, connect to ground on input shaft sensor wire ground
    W-L "white with Blue" = Speed sensor signal Connect to input shaft sensor wire signal

pcm plug side

Last edited by Isaurio; 07-12-2012 at 02:46 PM

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Ok here are the pics...

ok i got mine working finally after so many times trying. i have this same set-up. from looking at the picture left to right

Tan wire-SIGNAL
    Yellow wire- GROUND
    Black wire- POWER
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

U got it working. Nice. What picture did you used?

SOHC Turbo

Hey bro I had my speedo working for a while, but then it stopped working after i raced this car, u got any ideas before i start removing my blower motor again to check connections?
    2002 Galant LS 3.0L V6 5spd, CAI

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast