The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recent drop... And need advise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 54

Icon5 Recent drop... And need advise

I've recently drop my 8g on kyb gr2 struts and Meagan springs. The rear got the hieght I want ( shaved fenders ) but the front didn't go as low as I though it would.Still need about an inch or so. Has this happend to anyone else? I'm thinking bout clamping them but I'm going to wait a month to see if by any chance it needs some kind of time to set properly. By the way she is sitting on a set of 17 inch steelies tires are 225 55 17. I'm trying a different look with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CIENFUEGO1 View Post
    I've recently drop my 8g on kyb gr2 struts and Meagan springs. The rear got the hieght I want ( shaved fenders ) but the front didn't go as low as I though it would.Still need about an inch or so. Has this happend to anyone else? I'm thinking bout clamping them but I'm going to wait a month to see if by any chance it needs some kind of time to set properly. By the way she is sitting on a set of 17 inch steelies tires are 225 55 17. I'm trying a different look with this one.
    Those tires are way too big you should have 225/45-17

The car needs time to settle, but you can only go so low on struts and springs without cutting which can damage the strut or worse your car.

yup ur tire is too big its like the stock...just like 03galantes go low pro,,,225/45/17 is good just like my tires and they perform very well

same as me

You know what, they are 45's my bad. So let me ask you this , why didn't the back react the same as the front?

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    if you want to be slammed, you need coilovers.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You know what, they are 45's my bad. So let me ask you this , why didn't the back react the same as the front?
    Front and rear are not the same, that would be why. Until you post pictures, us old timers wont know what you're talking about until you post some pictures to be able to tell you if it's normal or not. Ive had 3 different spring set ups and coilovers on my 3 galants, I could give you advice but first I need to see this gap that you're so unhappy with.

Here was one of my galants with megan springs, KYB agx struts/shocks, 17s with 225 45 and there was a small gap. This is a good drop for a daily driver. If you want it lower then this then you need coilovers and those will run you about 1000 shipped.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    i know everyone is against cutting springs. im going to school for auto tech and just finished the suspension term and by dropping a car period will mess up the car its too much to get into but they do say cutting a spring makes it stiffer my buddy has a 2004 civic witm oem shocks/struts and tein springs he even cut a coil for a lower drop and it was fine it didnt bounce at all and handled like a dream imo if you do cut the springs just use caution if you cut too much theres no going back... they say if your gonna lower your car get a complete kit ex. adjustable control arms and a bunch of other shit... i tried looking for such a kit and couldnt find anything... its all up to you let the springs settle first...

I'll post some pics later on tonight for y'all old school cats. But my gap is pretty much what that red one has, but it's only in the front. The back tucks in very well, like I said I'll post those pics tonight. How long should I wait to let them settle before I start trying to adjust?

I'll post some pics later on tonight for y'all old school cats. But my gap is pretty much what that red one has, but it's only in the front. The back tucks in very well, like I said I'll post those pics tonight. How long should I wait to let them settle before I start trying to adjust?
    Well if that's the case, then it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    That is about as perfect a drop as i've ever seen. Looks like I'll be copying your setup. ;) Did you have to adjust your camber?

How the hell do i put a freaking pic in this reply!

How the hell do i put a freaking pic in this reply!
    post it on photobucket or image shack and put the picture url in [img....] url here [...../img]

without the periods.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    That is about as perfect a drop as i've ever seen. Looks like I'll be copying your setup. ;) Did you have to adjust your camber?
    Yes, rear only, used Ingalls.

Here we go, again how long do ya'll think i should wait till i try to fix? do ya'll think it's possible that they sent me the front springs to a v6 instead of i4?

damn them pics came out big as fuck.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    it should take about a month or so for the springs to settle and holy thats slammed...

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You are really slammed, but I would like to see picture of your car on the street, side pics of the car on a leveled surface.

4g64T 5spd

That's pefect, what are you complaining about??? Nobody makes a spring that will drop the front more and give it a rake. Right now it's leveled since the rear quarter panel sits lower then the front, it's just how it's designed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast