The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recent drop... And need advise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 54
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    i meant to say holy shit lol it does look good too low for my taste usually when i see an 8g dropped the back looks like it sit higher or almost even after the springs settle if the front isnt where you want it you may have to cut about a half a coil...

thats good dude looks just like my drop once you settle in and you start scraping by accident youll see no need to go lower just add some rims and your straight

Jeffy Lou is going to jizz when he sees your wheel/tire set-up.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Oh i didnt know that. What am i complaining about? The bitch looks uneven. Yours looks even. I guess i'll wait a month like corey said to see if it evens out. I'll try and gets those pics on the street later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by CIENFUEGO1 View Post
    Oh i didnt know that. What am i complaining about? The bitch looks uneven. Yours looks even. I guess i'll wait a month like corey said to see if it evens out. I'll try and gets those pics on the street later on today.
    give it time to settle as the front will come down a little more but not much. but if you wanna get the gaps perfectly even your going to have to go full coilovers or air.

here is a side shot of my car with the gaps even, but i'm on full coilovers (TEIN SS-P). notice how the front is slightly lower than the rear because the front well is bigger than the rear:

just gotta be patient lol 19's should fill that up if you gonna keep the blackouts like reelax said go to coilovers if not if your still not happy with the front then cut the springs...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Thanks for taking my idea of using P71 interceptor center caps..

Ur idea? Yeah I still Gota get rid of the ford shit. Like I said I'm trying somthing diffrent. Relax your shit is what I'm looking for I'll probably end up cuting a bit thanks bro

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Ur idea? Yeah I still Gota get rid of the ford shit. Like I said I'm trying somthing diffrent. Relax your shit is what I'm looking for I'll probably end up cuting a bit thanks bro
    Dude Reelax showed you his picture to show you the best way to lower your car more than 2" or get a even wheel gap: Full Coilovers.

I wouldn't recommend cutting the springs and Megan springs even less since they are much shorter than normal to drop you the 2" or so they drop. If you want to slam your car do it right from the first time go Full coilovers or Airbags to have the height adjustability.

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Dude Reelax showed you his picture to show you the best way to lower your car more than 2" or get a even wheel gap: Full Coilovers.

I wouldn't recommend cutting the springs and Megan springs even less since they are much shorter than normal to drop you the 2" or so they drop. If you want to slam your car do it right from the first time go Full coilovers or Airbags to have the height adjustability.
    Let him, he ain't listening.

Oh I'm listening but fortunatly I'm the proud father of two beautyful boys and don't have the funds for those nice coil overs or those real nice airbags. I'm actualy lucky I was able to get these struts and cheap springs. But your input is very much apreciated I hope To keep doing more things to my g, she deserves it, she's been through alot with me.

Oh I'm listening but fortunatly I'm the proud father of two beautyful boys and don't have the funds for those nice coil overs or those real nice airbags. I'm actualy lucky I was able to get these struts and cheap springs. But your input is very much apreciated I hope To keep doing more things to my g, she deserves it, she's been through alot with me.
    If she's been through a lot with you, don't you think she deserves the best an don't cut corners and endanger your kids life when they are riding with you??? Cutting those Megan will be unsafe, specially at highway speeds.

honestly everyone here doesnt like the whole cutting springs thing... if you cut too much off your springs it wouldnt be safe... if you cut the right amount you would be fine i cut my bro in laws tein springs on his civic and he raced alot and his car handled and performed at its best and i cut my stock springs on my G in the front 2 weeks ago and she drives just fine and im on the highway alot... i wouldnt give you any bs i have 3 boys myself 6 4 n 1... and i live about a half hour away from them on the highway and i pick them up every weekend... imo its really your decision just make the right one... the only reason i cut my springs is cuz all the springs didnt give me the drop i wanted... pm me if you got any ?'s heres a pic of my G

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    honestly everyone here doesnt like the whole cutting springs thing... if you cut too much off your springs it wouldnt be safe... if you cut the right amount you would be fine i cut my bro in laws tein springs on his civic and he raced a lot and his car handled and performed at its best and i cut my stock springs on my G in the front 2 weeks ago and she drives just fine and I'm on the highway a lot... i wouldn't give you any bs i have 3 boys myself 6 4 n 1... and i live about a half hour away from them on the highway and i pick them up every weekend... imo its really your decision just make the right one... the only reason i cut my springs is cuz all the springs didnt give me the drop i wanted... pm me if you got any ?'s heres a pic of my G
    Teins drop is less then Megan. Have you looked at his ride, you see how low it sits already. Springs and their rate are designed a certain way for a reason. It might ride fine but one day when you might just need to avoid something quickly, the response might throw you off enough to make you lose control but all you guys that cut corners, go ahead an encourage this cheesy, rice technique. Also, one day you might need to brake hard, guess what happens when you lessened the strength on those front coils by cutting them?? Wont be my kids riding in these cars. How do I know?? Because back hen I was 18 and stupid, I too said shut up, Im cutting my springs and they ride fine until one day when I had to avoid something and learned the hard way. If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it until you have cash. You have to understand the cars suspension design and why it's the way it is, not just do stuff to it because everyone does it. That's what separates tasteful cars from rice, knowledge.

Im done trying to share knowledge with rice mentality.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-11-2010 at 01:56 PM

oh believe me ive done all that ive tested my car b4 i even took her out i did a little obsticle course for all those different reason she handles fine brakes fine ive had no issues but to each his own... when i get my girl her own car ill be getting tein springs...

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

The problem with cutting springs is the fact that no one can "accurately" cut each spring so they'll have the same spring rate once theyre done. Essentially what you are doing is only shortening the spring but not compensating for the strength that was lost by cutting one "coil" or whatever.

To each his own like you said, if putting your childrens lives and yourself in danger is your thing then go for it. I'll stick to proper lowering springs/coilovers.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i suppose your right if your gonna cut your springs dont be ridiculous about it... if you cut too much of course your gonna have issues thats why you take the time to cut them little by little which is what did did til i got to where i wanted im not going any lower then what i am she doesnt bounce or ride rough handling is the same as b4 and brakes a little better... my girl is a beginner driver and putting lowering springs would kill my G she drives just as good at the stock ride height i cut 1 whole coil and maybe a quarter off the next... any lower i would be stupid to even think of driving her and again to each his own and this is what i chose to do for the time being... im going to school for auto tech and they even say its ok to cut the springs and my instructors are ASE cert. senior master techs with 30+ years in the auto field and they even say its ok to cut them as long has its not excessive... now if anyone else has higher credentials then that then let me know... even show me proof that cutting the springs are bad i would believe it... im not trying to start any shit with anybody but i know what im talking about... opinions are great but like i always say to my kids..."dont knock it til you try it"...imo

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Damn you guys are starting to get heated here. Don't make it personal. Your trying to make me sound like I'm willing to put my kids life in danger. Like Corey said opinions are great.... This isn't my first car and the last thing I want to do is ghetto rig my car. Like I said earlier I already bought and installed what I got and all I keep hearing from some of y'all is how I should buy this and that, don't get mad. I'm very happy with how the car is riding and handling, just wanted to see if I can take it down that extra inch. I'm looking for advise not a lecture on how "ricey" I am. Thanks to all you guys.

i suppose your right if your gonna cut your springs dont be ridiculous about it... if you cut too much of course your gonna have issues thats why you take the time to cut them little by little which is what did did til i got to where i wanted im not going any lower then what i am she doesnt bounce or ride rough handling is the same as b4 and brakes a little better... my girl is a beginner driver and putting lowering springs would kill my G she drives just as good at the stock ride height i cut 1 whole coil and maybe a quarter off the next... any lower i would be stupid to even think of driving her and again to each his own and this is what i chose to do for the time being... im going to school for auto tech and they even say its ok to cut the springs and my instructors are ASE cert. senior master techs with 30+ years in the auto field and they even say its ok to cut them as long has its not excessive... now if anyone else has higher credentials then that then let me know... even show me proof that cutting the springs are bad i would believe it... im not trying to start any shit with anybody but i know what im talking about... opinions are great but like i always say to my kids..."dont knock it til you try it"...imo
    Your instructors aren't suspension engineers, nor can they say they understand the dynamics of each piece of your suspension system enough to alter one thing without taking into account that one thing affecting the entire balance of the car. I know hundreds of auto technicians, many of them also master techs, many have their own races cars. And I supply parts and tires to many other high end automotive shops, never once have I heard any of them say at any level it is ok to cut the springs.

Now keep in mind I'm not advocating that its completely stupid...that is if it is a trailer queen or strictly show car then its for a certain purpose, and isn't intended for everyday use. However, if the car is driven everyday than it is just plain insane to do especially considering the affect it has on handling dynamics.

I've had my ASE for almost 15 years, have experience doing suspension work ( airbags on trucks, springs and others, paint and body, worked on planes for over 20 years dude but ok. What do you have to support your theory?? Your teacher giving you bad advice and you cutting your springs? You call that proof??Your master mechanics know their stuff? Really?! I would transfer from that school if that's the advice they give to students now in days. I doubt they ditell you that but if they did. Makes sense why they are teachers now and not out in the field.

You're going to school to be a mechanic but still cutting corners?? I would expect that from a ricer that doesn't know any better. The advices I give are from experience, no hear say. I almost died from cutting corners and cutting coils. What proof do you have that it wont cause a problem??. You really want that advice to be on your conscious if something happens?? It's sad that your are going to school to learn how to do things the right way but still insist on using rice mentality. It goes to show that once a ricer, always a ricer.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-11-2010 at 05:36 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast