The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: would these solid mounts work?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

would these solid mounts work?

will these solid mounts work? has anyone tried them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Avid-...item5638f3bde4

they are pretty expensive man.. Did you consider any alternatives?
    ex: polyurethane solid mount inserts?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epicrock8g View Post
    will these solid mounts work? has anyone tried them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Avid-...item5638f3bde4
    Those are for an EVO, they wont work for our cars. Even when we swap the EVO engine into our cars, we still use our mounts and the 3g eclipse tranny mount (if 5 speed swapping) the EVO mounts dont fit at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

holy cow, they can handle 1200 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    they are pretty expensive man.. Did you consider any alternatives?
    ex: polyurethane solid mount inserts?
    would rather do solid motor mounts but if there is no other available option then i have no choice

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Those are for an EVO, they wont work for our cars. Even when we swap the EVO engine into our cars, we still use our mounts and the 3g eclipse tranny mount (if 5 speed swapping) the EVO mounts dont fit at all.
    does anyone make solid mounts for the 8g or is the polyurethane inserts the only option besides staying with stock

The inserts are more than sufficient for what your doing. I have inserts in my car and im making over 400whp.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    what are you planning on doing with your car? Solid motor mounts should really only be used for track cars with a lot of HP

well its not gonna be a race car but i do wanna make as much if not more hp than stewi plus my mounts are shot so i figure i would just get solid mounts and call it a day. ive looked on ebay for the inserts and i can only find the ones for the v6. is there a site that sells the inserts for the i4 other than ebay

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Solid motor mounts are NOT for daily driven cars either, or even partially daily driven cars. There is a ton of vibration and it's going to be pretty hard on the chassis. look on Ebay for the Eclipse 00-05 I4 prothane inserts. Or you can try a site like wesellcarparts.com or importcarpartsplus.com

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Solid motor mounts are NOT for daily driven cars either, or even partially daily driven cars. There is a ton of vibration and it's going to be pretty hard on the chassis. look on Ebay for the Eclipse 00-05 I4 prothane inserts. Or you can try a site like wesellcarparts.com or importcarpartsplus.com
    +10

I have inserts and I get ALOT of vibration. Also, plan on using loctite on a majority of the nuts & bolts in the engine bay as the vibration causes them to loosen up rather quickly
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

found them on ebay. thanks. and i plan to use loctite. had to do that on my srt4 when i changed to solid motor mounts. this car is def diff because i never got any vibration in the srt4 with the solid mounts. like apples and oranges i guess
    Last edited by epicrock8g; 04-11-2010 at 05:51 PM