The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projector Fog Lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Projector Fog Lights

Hey guys, Im in the process of ordering some new Projector Fog Lights. I really like the way these certain fog lights look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7000K...Q5fAccessories

But Im not sure if its gonna fit properly. I know i would have to do some mods to fit them in the housing, but i wanna get everyones opinion on whether or not they are just TOO big. I currently have the Optilux 2500 Angel eyes in my bumper, they are 4 Inches in diameter and they fit just perfect. The projector fog lights i am looking at have a 4.13in diameter and they are also about 4.7 inches in length. Do you think it would be a pain to get them to fit?
    Thanks

Last edited by Joshua42007; 04-11-2010 at 01:38 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    did you try measuring yourself ?

I haven't got a chance to measure it myself, i let my brother use my car until his is out of the shop.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Your going to need to dremel the plastic but it shouldn't be that hard, don't know cut little by little so you don't cut more than needed.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-14-2010 at 07:40 PM

4g64T 5spd

Thanks a lot. I finnaly got them in, i ordered the P6 Projector fog lights from JM AUTO, i ordered some 100mm CCFl halo rings seprately and all i did was rip out the LEDs on the fog light housing, and i installed the ccfl halos. Looks pretty good, ill post pics later tonight after work.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 05-12-2010 at 02:42 PM

did you have to do alot of cutting/dremeling ?

Yes, these p6 projectors are huge. I had to dremel almost everything in the back off the housing, but i left enough material around the bolts so that they wouldnt break off. I will try to post pictures today again. I was busy After work installing my new projector headlights that i just got in the mail yesterday, from JM AUTO. Unless there is a way i can post pics from my iphone? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Yes, these p6 projectors are huge. I had to dremel almost everything in the back off the housing, but i left enough material around the bolts so that they wouldnt break off. I will try to post pictures today again. I was busy After work installing my new projector headlights that i just got in the mail yesterday, from JM AUTO. Unless there is a way i can post pics from my iphone? Lol
    you can email yourself the pics then open them up on ur pc then upload to http://imageshack.us post here

ahh cool, thanks

sorry about the shitty pics from my phone, but here they are. Let me know what you guys think.

This is just the CCFL halo ring on, the actual fog light isnt on. they are bright as hell!

My new headlights from JM AUTO

BEFORE

AFTER

awwww look at the doggie, do you have pic of how you installed the ccfl halos on??

wow those halo fog rings are bright as hell you should take a pic w/ the projectors on and headlights on as well

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    awwww look at the doggie, do you have pic of how you installed the ccfl halos on??
    no, i dont. I could take some pics though if they are needed. The LED halo ring was fastened to the fog light housing by 3 tabs. I un-hooked all 3 tabs and then removed the ring. I put a little gorilla glue in the area that the rings are placed in and i mounted the ccfl rings. It was quite simple. After i let it dry, i ran the wires from the halo, to the inverter, then tapped the inverter into the fog light harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    wow those halo fog rings are bright as hell you should take a pic w/ the projectors on and headlights on as well

ill snap some more pictures later on today, after i install my new front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    no, i dont. I could take some pics though if they are needed. The LED halo ring was fastened to the fog light housing by 3 tabs. I un-hooked all 3 tabs and then removed the ring. I put a little gorilla glue in the area that the rings are placed in and i mounted the ccfl rings. It was quite simple. After i let it dry, i ran the wires from the halo, to the inverter, then tapped the inverter into the fog light harness.
    yeah im interested in how its done, if you dont mind

yeah im interested in how its done, if you dont mind
    Not a problem. I gotta remove everything for my new front bumper today anyways, so that works out just fine. ill post pics when im finished.

Where should i mount my license plate at on my new front bumper?

alright cool, do a tag fold and do it on one of the sides by the fogs, in that section where the fins are if that makes sense

alright cool, do a tag fold and do it on one of the sides by the fogs, in that section where the fins are if that makes sense
    I dont know exactly what you mean, but are you talking about the area on the bumper between one the fog light and head light?

My car with a chopped off nose and shitty fiberglass job.

These are the projector fog lights with the LED halo ring removed.

Notice the 3 little groves around the ring of the halo, this is where the clips are inserted that held the LED halo ring in place. With the new CCFL rings, there are no clips so i had to use gorilla glue to fasten them in.

Installing the CCFL halo ring, ran the 2 wires thru one of the groves.

Finished Product. BTW, these are 100mm White ccfl halo rings, and the fit is almost perfect, no cutting or trimming was involved.

Notice i dremeled the hell out of the fog light housing, but i left enought meat so the bolts wouldnt fail.

My car, with the lights off.

My car, lights on.

The cut-off line, now im not sure if i have them adjusted properly. If anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. Other than that, they look magnificent on the road.

Last edited by Joshua42007; 05-19-2010 at 10:23 AM

When i first saw your bumper i screamed "DEAR JESUS" but then i saw what you did lol. Cut offs look nice to me :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast