The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what clutch?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

what clutch?

was wondering what aftermarket clutch will work on our cars. could i order one for a 95 to 99 gst with the 7 bolt? or what have you guys found to work on our cars?

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

so basically look for a aftermarket clutch for a 2.4 spyder? i want to get something a little bit more agressive since i will be at the track alot so im thinking stage 1 or 2. so what should i search for like what vehicles and what motors?

these are no good. dont look for a cool looking clutch, just get one that works. any 92-99 GST or Spyder clutch will work

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    these are no good. dont look for a cool looking clutch, just get one that works. any 92-99 GST or Spyder clutch will work
    yes thats correct. any 92-99 eclipse GST if you don't know only the FWD ones

or eclipse spyders of similar years

or a galant clutch

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    FWD and AWD are the same clutch. FWD and AWD flywheels are different.

I had an OEM replacement Exedy clutch in my 4g63t 7g. 22psi for a solid year and a half, no slippage. Can't beat that for $89.
    7g for life!

ok do you think that exedy that you have will hold up for daily drive usage and track usage on 12 psi?

I had 5 drag passes and 4 autox on my clutch. I had it on my turbo 7g for almost 2 years, then on my second stock 7g for 8 months, and it is going back on the same 7g after it is rebuilt.

Not saying it is the best clutch in the world, but I never had any problems. The clamping force is like stock pressure.
    7g for life!

well i was thinking of clamping forces of like a stage 3 because i plan on launching in 2nd because i am in the midst of replacing my center differ with a limited slip diff and prothane motor mounts plus ill be running a E3 16g at 12 psi.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have the exact same clutch MKO has....about 7 months and no problems (knock on wood routine)

before i got the exedy, however, for over 4 years i ran an ACT2100. this is an EXCEPTIONAL clutch. heavy clamping force on the pressure plate so be ready for some heavy duty leg action, but you could race that thing all day........but the 4g64's crank is notoriously unfriendly with lateral pressure, so a heavy pressure plate may not be the best thing for longevity....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I have an SBR 3500 and an ACT streetlite flywheel and its great. Very reasonable as well...the SBR 3500 is equivolent to the ACT Matt used to have. I got it on his recommendation

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

ok thanks for all the help ill let ya guys know what clutch i go with and how it performs. i just picked up a 2g gsx for 500 bucks with no title. its bored 30 over and has a built motor and E3 16g and it actually does come with a act 2600 which is brand new so im thinking of just using that clutch or swapping it over ill post and as progress happens.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    MKO i was personally looking at the F1 clutch and fidanza 8 lb flywheel combo and it was the 6 puck as well. only 300 OBO on ebay from the same seller as the exedy and a few local dsmers havent said anything bad about theirs. ill look into it more
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

why do people think really light flywheels are so good?? Yes it less rotational mass but there is a point where is becomes to light and will hurt low end power.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Idk about that. I never any issues with my ACT Streetlite or Fidanza flywheels.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywhee...orque_loss.htm
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thats some good stuff seth. im looking at an 11.5 fidanza now. and prolly an exedy clutch cuz im a little iffy on the F1 clutch even though i havent heard anything bad.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Idk about that. I never any issues with my ACT Streetlite or Fidanza flywheels.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywhee...orque_loss.htm
    other than my fidanza seperating on me no complaints.

the car felt easyer to rev and wouldn't hesitate on the top end like the stock

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Yes they are easier to rev but since there is little weight to help the crank keep turning during a launch the car will bog down under heavy low end acceleration

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    why do people think really light flywheels are so good?? Yes it less rotational mass but there is a point where is becomes to light and will hurt low end power.
    it depend what your goals are and how much comfort youre willing to sacrifice. I have 8.5 lbs Fidanza and it Im happy with it. Yes less rotational mass, it revs faster and the only thing ive noticed i didnt like so far is when I try to roll out in third after slowing down for a turn and it needs to be shifted down or it starts going back and forth, but it hasnt bogged on me so far. it only bogs if the rpms are too low for a certain gear and i step on it w/o shifting down

The light weight flywheels have high kinetic energy which is due to its light weigh and it helps the engine to rev faster. The stock or heavier flywheels have more potential energy stored in the weight of the material that transforms into kinetic energy much slower and it allows the engine to have more smooth revving thru out the rpms
    Last edited by mko; 04-14-2010 at 09:18 PM

Build Thread