The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I'ma do it fuck it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    There is a definite lack of "proper" English amongst the younger generation of late. I don't understand what is gained by sounding ignorant... Why have two faces? Obviously the ones that can "turn it off" are intelligent enough to do so, That makes you "two faced" and the ones that cant "turn it off" are just plain stupid. I don't get it.
    I guess it all goes back to that useless "street thug" mentality. I was at the Doctor getting a sonogram with my wife a few months ago (expecting first child) and some guy was leaving with his "babies momma" as he put it (already had two kids) walked out with his pants hanging down past his ass and spoke broken English moron street thug ghetto language. made me sad because he has kids and this stupid way of life is more important to him than raising educated children.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

blue8g
    I'm only 18 and I like to think that I speak English pretty well.......

soooo uuum back to this paint

PAINT IT OR GTFO!

Flat black is neat but hard to upkeep. constantly need to wash the car and almost anything can screw it up. If you get armor all overspray on it forget it... shiny spots everywhere. When you work on the car...oily hand prints... better off with a clear coat. less maintenance.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    soooo uuum back to this paint

PAINT IT OR GTFO!
    So far this is the paint I've been looking at.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/...IT-HRF201-F-GL

they also have different colors.

ne updates?

if i was painting a whole car then black would be the last choice. EVERYTHING shows up on a black car and i mean EVERYTHING so goodluck trying to get it half decent considering you've never painted a car before (Im assuming). Myself I would go silver or white. avoiding dark blue, green etc. goodluck though and I wanna see how it turns out.

I personally think a satin vinyl wrap would work out better. I found a place to buy enough to cover a car. Hopefully, by the end of the month i"ll be able to update on how well it works.

Thats true... My friend painted his 98 bmw black and you could see some of the marks from the sanding & the bondo... Its much easier to see your mistakes with black paint.

ISMASG90
    No updates? When are you going to paint it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    There is a definite lack of "proper" English amongst the younger generation of late. I don't understand what is gained by sounding ignorant... Why have two faces? Obviously the ones that can "turn it off" are intelligent enough to do so, That makes you "two faced" and the ones that cant "turn it off" are just plain stupid. I don't get it.
    I guess it all goes back to that useless "street thug" mentality. I was at the Doctor getting a sonogram with my wife a few months ago (expecting first child) and some guy was leaving with his "babies momma" as he put it (already had two kids) walked out with his pants hanging down past his ass and spoke broken English moron street thug ghetto language. made me sad because he has kids and this stupid way of life is more important to him than raising educated children.
    Think about it like this, do you wear a business suit everywhere you go? Or do you soemtimes where jeans and t-shirt? Does that make you "two-faced" because you wear business attire to a job interview but on Sunday afternoon you're wearing a tank top and shorts? Some people choose to speak proper English when its appropriate, and choose slang when they're in a more "laxed" state.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

pikss killaaa... pikssssss.. when u gonna paint your baby

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by jmath99V6 View Post
    I personally think a satin vinyl wrap would work out better. I found a place to buy enough to cover a car. Hopefully, by the end of the month i"ll be able to update on how well it works.
    get interested in the topic. . and this vinyl wrap. . is this the same as the carbon fiber look wrap material??. . i once saw a car wrapped all over by this here(Philippines). . its a fad in here. . hoods, trunks, spoilers, bumpers etc. . i think its quite cheap(the cost) i just dont know if it will last. . being under the weather et al. .
    PEACE. . .

Quote Originally Posted by rpjimeno View Post
    get interested in the topic. . and this vinyl wrap. . is this the same as the carbon fiber look wrap material??. . i once saw a car wrapped all over by this here(Philippines). . its a fad in here. . hoods, trunks, spoilers, bumpers etc. . i think its quite cheap(the cost) i just dont know if it will last. . being under the weather et al. .
    The delivery cars at work are wrapped in vinyl... Looks pretty good, but it starts to peel in the corners and whatnot. Not sure if that's a lack of upkeep, or a crappy job.
    -Andrew

thats what i'm worried about. . overtime it will eventually peel off. . and you never know what damage the adhesive will do to the paint. . when i first got my 8g. . topcoat was in bad shape and has minor dings. . i have it PDR's(Paintless Dent Removal) and i sanded off the topcoat and re-painted(topcoat). . quite satisfied with the result. . but still have the craving of having my hood carbon fibered(sticker). . well maybe, ill observe first what happen to their's. . .

pic of carbon fiber sticker install. .

Last edited by rpjimeno; 10-15-2010 at 01:18 AM
    PEACE. . .

Experienced TGC Member
    Son, I say go wit da vinyl wrap kid. Dat shit would be tighter than a punk biotch azzhole in prison. Ya dig? Plus using da wrap gives you da option to take dat shit off if you ever get tired of dat matte paint look. On some real steamy shit yo.

Ima do da wrap on my whip. Id imagine itd be hella cheap compared to a repaint. Repaintin da whip will cost a pretty penny. Ive got quotes ranging from $4000-$5000. And dats wit stock colors.

Whatchu mean wraps aint permanent?

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    my buddy has an IS300 that used to be wrapped with his company logo and his paint is still perfect. If your not sure if you want a permanent thing go wrap. Here is my roommates flat black mustang with the ugliest hood ever :) Sorry for the fresh paint pictures, thats all I have.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    that thing has to be so damn hot in the summer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123