The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WarmAndSCSI's 8g galant

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

WarmAndSCSI's 8g galant

Not sure how many people have been keeping up with TJ's videos. To this day I am still impressed with this build.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/6g72...psi_196653.htm

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Wasn't he going to part it out? He did have a top if not the top galant for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Wasn't he going to part it out? He did have a top if not the top galant for a while.
    Yes he's parting it out + I do believe it was the fastest usdm galant. Possibly the fastest of any galant at that. It really is depressing that its getting parted with.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    that's a pretty old video, but yes he is parting it out

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    that's a pretty old video, but yes he is parting it out
    Yea i know its old, but its still fun to watch. 16psi was nothing compared to his 530whp build+tune

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yea too bad I never got to meet him. I really do want to shake his hand. Him and BJ alone pretty much inspired me to do what I've done with my car.

But no need for drama in this thread please.
    Side note: BJ has been making a lot of progress. People should go check out his build over on galanttuners or club3g

blue8g
    BJ's galant is sick as fack

and i also wish i could've seen this thing in person at its peak
    Last edited by blue8g; 04-12-2010 at 10:50 PM Reason: improper grammar

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    awaiting on his EVO build....
    does he have the octane blue evo x?

^Yes with neon green wheels last time I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    ...It really is depressing that its getting parted with.
    why would that be depressing? it's the owner's choice. when CALI sold his car (and then it was totalled by the new owner), so many people were sad about it. i don't understand why. u do realize that these guys could rebuild/recreate these cars all over again if they wanted to right? it's not like they sold the knowledge or experience away.

i don't keep up with him, why is he parting it out?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    i don't keep up with him, why is he parting it out?
    I believe there are two reason, but I'm not sure.

1) I THINK he might have blown his engine. Not sure exactly. But when you're making 500+ HP, things happen
    2) When you want to make high HP on a 6G72, it becomes a money pit. He put a LOT of time and money into that car, and its about time to move on now that he has the Evo which is a hell of a lot cheaper to mod than the 8G will ever be.

Experienced TGC Member
    Last I heard from him, which was a while ago... He was going to tear it down and build up a 4g63 and do an awd swap. :D
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i talked to him a couple weeks ago, he sold the 35r and got ripped off for it, he sent the turbo the guy pulled the money back out of his account. The engine did blow again he had a chip in one of his pistons and the thing decided to just let go while giving BJ a ride. I know his future plans which are evo swap for sure cause the potential out of the 63t.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i talked to him a couple weeks ago, he sold the 35r and got ripped off for it, he sent the turbo the guy pulled the money back out of his account. The engine did blow again he had a chip in one of his pistons and the thing decided to just let go while giving BJ a ride. I know his future plans which are evo swap for sure cause the potential out of the 63t.
    Hmm, this should be interesting. Too bad he doesn't keep in touch with anyone that i know of besides bj.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

blue8g
    From what I've heard from BJ.....that doesn't happen anymore either.....

Who said he has the fastest Galant? I never seen any track times

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    awaiting on his EVO build....
    You mean the new Evo that he tuned wrong (which he blamed on somebody else) and turned his turbo into a grenade? Everybody here knows Tj never had anybody else tune his cars, he always did it himself and even did the tuning for boostzealot's Galant

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Who said he has the fastest Galant? I never seen any track times
    He never took the "finished" 500+hp build to the track ever, the thing was more of a dyno queen/bragging rights for the Hp numbers really. Taking something like that to the track would have a very difficult time hooking up from a launch.

There was talk of him running an Evo swap, but nothing more has been said on the subject. He may be doing that, so we can expect his usual attitude about it to return since swapping froma V6 to a 4cyl is pretty much impractical and expensive to do...but probably not for him considering the "$50K" already dumped into the car. He hasn't really been around to see what has developed lately in the V6 platforms, especially with the AWD stuff coming up now and currently being done on the 3rd Gen GT/GTS.
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 04-13-2010 at 09:59 AM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net