The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lets talk Meth.

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Experienced TGC Member

Lets talk Meth.

So how many of you guys run meth? I know mitch's new setup will be meth injected. Im debating this for my 7g now that im boosted. Id like to run 15 PSI daily on the SOHC engine for a while before i build my 6 bolt. In theory the meth injection would make this more achievable and safer. I know some have gotten away with 15 psi in the 7g. What do you guys think? Does meth injection yield any gains even if i DONT increase the boost? Im a moderate driver. Sometimes i get a hair up my ass and slam the pedal to the floor so im looking into getting a 1 gallon tank. The kit that im looking into is the DevilsOwn kit which is really nice. Lets hear it guys.

I would say do it. I have two friends over here in Ft.lauderdale that are running a pretty similar setup on there eclipses and they tell me they are very happy with the kits.

I can not speak for it yet but everything that i have read made me want to run it.

1. lower IAT's and EGT's mean higher boost with out the chance to knock
    2. Cleans engine while being used
    3. You can find windshield washer fluid at every gas station, you can't find e85 or race gas at every gas station
    4. you don't have to add fuel pressure
    5. the nicer kits are boost referenced meaning they have a built in map sensor, located in the controller box so when it starts to see boost it starts to spray.
    6. you can wire them into your boost controller so lets say you are running low it can be set yo lower boost so you dont blow your shit up.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

i know alot of guys that love meth, the buick guys run about 22 psi stock block with meth, some civics run about 13 with meth, im not sure what boost the srt-4s around my house are running but i know 3 outa the four guys has meth. Personally when i build my turbo car, im going to run meth, not only by the power gains(cooler air=more power), but also for the peace of mind that im not running high egts a hurting crap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I had a meth kit installed that I never actually used. I didnt use it because I had a built motor and was able to achieve my power goals without the need for higher boost or crazy timing. With the meth you can run higher boost and/or more aggressive timing. Not only does the meth cool the intake charge but it also boosts octane a little when your using regular pump gas because meth has a higher octane than the pump gas. The only downside is needing to keep filling it up. If you buy pure meth in jugs like the EVO guys do, it has a shelf life, so you need to use it fairly quickly. I think on a stock engine its a good idea because it will minimize the risk of you blowing sh*t up. Once your engine is built, if you can reach your power goals without it, then its no longer needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    My biggest concern is knock. Considering the stock 7g sohc has no way to monitor or control knock. I think im going to get the devils own kit. I just have to pay my taxes first. So i may be ordering it friday.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Meth is corrosive to metal, especially aluminum. Its not an instantaneous corrosion, but 100% meth will eat your spark plugs. I'd run a 50/50 mix and not worry about anything except getting speeding tickets.
    7g for life!

Meth is a very very bad and illegal drug. and highly addictive to add to that.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yeah, don't mistakenly put crystal meth in your meth tank ... probably wouldn't do much.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Meth is corrosive to metal, especially aluminum. Its not an instantaneous corrosion, but 100% meth will eat your spark plugs. I'd run a 50/50 mix and not worry about anything except getting speeding tickets.
    Yeah you have to mix it. Alot of guys run the snow performance boost juice, or you can just cut it 50/50 meth/distilled water.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Whenever i get the money im going to bite the bullet and buy the devils own kit. Its got the progressive controller and all that snazzy shit. Ill let you guys know how this pans out for me.

Annnnd i talk him into the aem kit. Im just going to use washer fluid its cheap and its already mixed the lower the freezing point the more ethanol content is.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    Ordered the AEM kit last night. 348.00 to my door. 100 buck cheaper than the kit i wanted before and about the same stuff to be honest. My question now is how is timing adjusted on a distributor system by the ecu? Im a newb when it comes to this kind of crap.

Your car does automating timing you can not adjust it the computer just does it.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    gotcha! Well the kit is on its way! Doing some reading righ now about the best way to mix. Im sure windshield washer fluid works fine but the extra additives such as the blue dye just doesnt sit well with me. Im thinking 50/50 water/denatured alcohol mix seems the best so far.

Experienced TGC Member
    OK so in my research for the best meth mix. Windshield washer fluid: The meth percentages fluctuate too much for it to be reliable also the extra additives leave residue behind. Mixing 50/50 denatured alcohol and distilled water costs about 8-9 bucks per gallon. Denatured alcohol still has 5% water so that means youll have roughly a 50/45 mix. Snowperformance "boost juice" is 49% meth and 51% water. Anyways summit racing sells 4 gallons of boost juice to my door here in sc for: $39.95 Which is less than 10 bucks per gallon and it has a higher meth count.... I have found 5 gallons of denatured alcohol for like 60 bucks which would make 10 gallons of meth at a 50/50 rate but honestly im really not into storing 5 gallons of alcohol and doing all the mixing and crap just to save my cheap ass some money. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Shadow19; 04-19-2010 at 04:21 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Meth kit installed. It took me a few hours but im OCD and everyhing has to be tucked nice and neat. The controller is hidden in my center console along with all the logging cables i have from the zeitronix zt2 kit and my maf translator pro.