The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Azgalant's evo head build and 5-speed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 131
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Nice work man, welcome to the EVO swap club
    Thanks Stewi I just hope that my car will make 369.9whp in the future like yours lol or at least 300 lol and yes my plans is having it dyno with being NA and then with turbo to see the difference lol

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Imma do that same after getting the new motor in, Im going to keep the motor thats in the car right now and build this one up and put an Evo head on it. Love the workk

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azgalant View Post
    Thanks Stewi I just hope that my car will make 369.9whp in the future like yours lol or at least 300 lol and yes my plans is having it dyno with being NA and then with turbo to see the difference lol
    I believe you'll surely make around 360 + with the modifications you have going on there.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah my dyno run in the garage is from 2005. If all goes well I will be on a dyno in the next 3-4 weeks time shooting for 500+whp.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Yeah my dyno run in the garage is from 2005. If all goes well I will be on a dyno in the next 3-4 weeks time shooting for 500+whp.
    Wow that's good with me I will be happy with 300 after turbo lol and also because I have no idea how much hp my head will be able to withstand with just being stock except for the cams so don't really want to push until I know how much it will stand before messing up my engine lol

Hey just wanted to let everybody know that my car is finally running BUT my engine light is on don't know how to get rid of it still using my stock ecu heard something that i need like an ecu from a 99 galant can anybody help me lol and also that as long as i have just motor that it will stay on until i get turbo?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    you're getting the transmission solenoid codes?

Yea think that's all I have because I went to manual I even got the evo ecu but it didn't fit thought that was all i needed lol need to check what code it was though lol
    Last edited by azgalant; 05-05-2010 at 05:08 PM

You're using the stock ECU on your headswapped 4G64?

What do you mean the EVO ECU didn't fit?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^ X2 The Evo ECU should fit and operate fine with the headswap.

Well I am using my stock 4g64 ecu the thing is that I am not sure if i need the whole evo ecu harness to make it fit cuz the ecu itself won't unless i'm seeing something wrong lol

what do you mean the ECU wont fit? like position wise? or wiring wise? You might need to do some wiring but people have proven the EVO ECU works on the I4's even with the SOHC. I would think the EVO harness would fit with minimal wiring with the EVO head swap.

As far as position wise, you can mount the ECU wherever you want in the car. As long as it's in the cabin.

Have you gotten the codes read? I bet it's because the ECU doesnt like the head swap.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    what do you mean the ECU wont fit? like position wise? or wiring wise? You might need to do some wiring but people have proven the EVO ECU works on the I4's even with the SOHC. I would think the EVO harness would fit with minimal wiring with the EVO head swap.

As far as position wise, you can mount the ECU wherever you want in the car. As long as it's in the cabin.

Have you gotten the codes read? I bet it's because the ECU doesnt like the head swap.
    Idk i'll have to check it again lol and let you guys know lol but thanks and when the codes came out they told me it was the transmission one but its running great now no problems just that the light is still on lol

in order to make the EVO fit you need to get an adapter harness from boomslang since the galant-evo pinouts and connectors are different

why dont you run the EVO harness with the EVO ECU?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Changing the entire harness to the Evo harness would be a PITA. Unless you're already planning to do a wire tuck or something, I would just go with the boomslang harness

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    in order to make the EVO fit you need to get an adapter harness from boomslang since the galant-evo pinouts and connectors are different
    Thanks dude didn't know what i had to do lol thought it was just me that was missing something so yea i'll try to get the boomslang thing lol

The thing about boomslang is, it's either a hit or miss. I think it was Run1206 who had to de-pin and re-pin his boomslang harness. I'd rather re-do the whole harness than deal with having to pay someone to do something then just re-do it myself again. swapping the hwhole harness would be more cost efficient and less risky IMO.

heres some quick info on the boomslang https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ighlight=evo+8

Its been awhile since I have updated this post so decided I would let you guys know how its going and also i ran into a small problem hoping you guys can help me.............my car has been running for awhile but just last night I got it tuned for NA with the evo ecu and he told me it would run much faster with the knock sensor. So reading up I saw that the 2.4 doesn't have Knock sensor.
    Also I saw duh2150 build and he had the same problem but I am still confused on how he fixed it.
    1. I need the evo 8 knock sensor right?
    2. My rev meter is at 0 until I shift then it goes to where its suppose to be and as soon as I shift it goes back to 0.......so how would I be able to fix that?
    3. How would I wire the knock sensor into the ECU?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast