The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Azgalant's evo head build and 5-speed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 131
    you should buy the evo knock sensor. theyre about $80. You wire it up by running the line straight to the Ecu.

if your rev limiter is at 0, that means you are bouncing off the limiter at idle?

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    you should buy the evo knock sensor. theyre about $80. You wire it up by running the line straight to the Ecu.

if your rev limiter is at 0, that means you are bouncing off the limiter at idle?
    Yea that what I thought just wanted to clarify so thanks............just need to find where to put the knock sensor

About the rev...... the limiter was at 7200 so the person that tuned it put it down to 6200. The car is drivable i just have to go by the sound of the car so I know when to shift........I would rather see it in my gauge but what it does is that when I gas it the rev meter goes down to zero but when i let out the gauge works so its like working backwards lol ANY IDEAS?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    were you 5 speed at MOD? I can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    were you 5 speed at MOD? I can't remember
    Lol yea i had it but with the long trip my car was dirty and so i just had my car closed that's why
    Last edited by azgalant; 02-18-2011 at 08:21 PM

oh, a backwards rev limiter. i dont know what to say about that?

there are 2 spots on the back of the block that you can screw in the knock sensor. One is toward the middle of the block. the other is closer to the passenger side of the block. I would first chase the holes with a bolt of the same pitch + thread to clean out any debris in there. The knock sensor is made of some soft metal (aluminum?) and i had the misfortune of messing up the thread on it because there was some debris/rust in the hole

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    its supposed to go here!

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

ok thanks i'll try to do it today so if i run into a problem i'll let you guys know

I was wondering what ever happened to your car since you never updated if u completed the swap, good to know you did. You should post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Prodigy View Post
    I was wondering what ever happened to your car since you never updated if u completed the swap, good to know you did. You should post some pics.
    Yea its completed its actually been done since like last july. Also, I had to pass emissions so it was parked for awhile, so as soon as it passed I took it to get tuned and that's when I found out I needed a knock sensor.

Well I just wanted to update on the progress of my car.........I put a new knock sensor in and wired it straight to the ecu. The code came off for the knock sensor so i am guessing that it worked. There are other codes but i'll deal with them later lol.

There you can see where I drilled the whole for the wire

This shows where I messed up and cut the wrong wire......was reading the ecu diagram backwards. Also shows where I had to solder the pin to the wire because I broke with my finger. I guess I bent too much.

Almost have all my turbo parts ready so far I have my turbo piping intercooler etc.
    Here's some pictures to start off with.

very nice. keep it up
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thanks hopefully by the end of the month I can install all of it.........but i am debating if I should dyno it before I put turbo just to see how much hp I have now lol

you can always run it w/o the IC piping. Just put the MAS on there
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

True lol but i'll see I just can't wait to put it on lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    nice! can't wait to see how this turns out

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Ahaaaaa the beauty of a Precision Turbo
    Had one myself but seals where done on it and had to be rebuilt and not only that but I think it was maybe alil to big and I would of had alot of turbo lag there so got my self a nice Turbonetics Turbo but Im loving what you got there man, keep up the good work.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Yeah dyno before and after. See how much hp you gain from mods. Dyno with DOHC first them turbo

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I'm with Isaurio dyno before & after...

Sent from my BB Curve 3G using Tapatalk.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    nice! can't wait to see how this turns out
    I can't wait to see how it turns out too lol trying to get it ready for MOD lol

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast