The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Azgalant's evo head build and 5-speed

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 131
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    What codes wre you throwing with the stock ECU? i am curious was it just the trannsmission ones?
    I forgot already to tell you the truth I think there were more.......right now with the evo ecu I am throwing 4 codes

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

FINALLY TURBO!!!!
    After almost year its finally kinda done :)
    Just wanted to update this post
    More pics to come

Last edited by azgalant; 06-11-2011 at 03:08 PM

Took some pictures hopefully you guys enjoy

Still needs a tune and vacuums lines to get connected other than that its done.

Good looks, congrats dude!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Looks good,lets hear it run!! How much boost are you going to run?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    Looks good,lets hear it run!! How much boost are you going to run?
    Thanks and yea putting the id 1000 now and getting it tuned so after I will do a video and I am going to run low boost until I get money for an evo tranny :)

Quote Originally Posted by azgalant View Post
    Thanks and yea putting the id 1000 now and getting it tuned so after I will do a video and I am going to run low boost until I get money for an evo tranny :)

Like 10 or so?

me likey!!!!!! Did you weld the icp to the intercooler? have you started her up yet?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    me likey!!!!!! Did you weld the icp to the intercooler? have you started her up yet?
    Lol thanks and yea I started it up already and just now got it tuned but BIG PROBLEM the turbo won't boost its only like at 8 psi cuz of the wastegate. So have to see if there's a leak or the actual turbo is no good so too late today to find out

Really? evo ecu? you using ecuflash? Did you get a MBC? that should help you increase your boost even though your waste gate will see 8, if thats what its set at.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Really? evo ecu? you using ecuflash? Did you get a MBC? that should help you increase your boost even though your waste gate will see 8, if thats what its set at.
    Yea I think theres a vacuum leak somewhere lol I will check tomorrow......but it is evo ecu got flashed everything on the tune looked great just it wouldn't go pass 8 psi. It has boost controller and we tried to increase and decrease it and it was always at 8 psi....
    Things to do tomorrow is check the bov and wastegate then see if there's any leaks :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good man! Glad to see you got it boosted now :) I see you extended the exhaust manifold pipes to clear the starter too? LMK if I can get that OBX header from you since you wont be needing it anymore ;)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Looks good. Make sure you heat wrap that upper radiator hose where it passes the #4 runner and above the wastegate dump tube, a few heat cycles and that shit will melt and cause big problems.

In regards to your boosting problems. What spring is the in wastegate? What type of boost controller do you have? How is it hooked up? I didnt see one hooked up in the pics you posted above. Also, what are you using to determine how much boost your making, are you reading it from a gauge or from the logging software for EcuFlash? Does the boost max at 8psi in every gear??
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks good man! Glad to see you got it boosted now :) I see you extended the exhaust manifold pipes to clear the starter too? LMK if I can get that OBX header from you since you wont be needing it anymore ;)
    Yea it go extended..............for a point there I thought that I was going to need a custom built one but they were able to use the one I had. Also about the headers I can sell them to you real cheap if you want and I can even deliver them since I will be in cali :).

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Looks good. Make sure you heat wrap that upper radiator hose where it passes the #4 runner and above the wastegate dump tube, a few heat cycles and that shit will melt and cause big problems.

In regards to your boosting problems. What spring is the in wastegate? What type of boost controller do you have? How is it hooked up? I didnt see one hooked up in the pics you posted above. Also, what are you using to determine how much boost your making, are you reading it from a gauge or from the logging software for EcuFlash? Does the boost max at 8psi in every gear??
    Actually as far as the wastegate I do not know what springs it has.....boost controller is HBC boost controller and I am taking some new pictures right now to show how it is hooked up. Also as far as the boost gauge I just grab one from autozone because I was in a hurry so I will buy a better one. Also when we tested it we were tuning it so the whole time was on the 3rd gear pull. He said I might also need a throttle sensor because it was just showing that throttle was at 80 percent when i was flooring it. The turbo itself look great so don't know if the turbo is the problem there was no shaft play or anything on it. So I will start to see if the vacuum lines are right.

Take a closer pic of where your throttle cable bolts to the intake manifold? Are you using an EVO cable or an 8g cable? In order to get proper cable tension using the 8g cable, you need to modify the bracket on the cable, that will make it sorta work right, or you can just make a plate to adapt it, to make it work 100% right. The problem is the cable mounts to the manifold too close to the TB, this causes slack in the cable, so the first 25% of your pedal push is just taking up the slack, which prevents you from getting the throttle open all the way, because your pedal hits the floor before its all the way open.

If you are running the EVO cable, you might have a bad sensor, or just need to re-calibrate the sensor in the software.

You also need to know which spring your running. A manual boost controller can only provide boost to levels double of the waste gate spring pressure. So if you have a 5psi spring, your max level of boost with the boost controller all the way bottomed out is 10psi, if you consider having boost leaks too, you might only see about 8psi.
    Last edited by Stewi; 06-13-2011 at 08:37 PM
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I found this hose disconnected

Had to make a custom harness for the injectors

LOVE ZIP TIES LOL Alright this happened last night when I was on the freeway I started smelling a great amount of fuel so as soon as I pulled over it shut off. So I get out and see gas spilling over my headlights. So I noticed that the fuel line came off.
    Good thing I carry zip ties in my car lol

Should I put a vacuum line on top of the wastegate too?

Engine bay

Take a closer pic of where your throttle cable bolts to the intake manifold? Are you using an EVO cable or an 8g cable? In order to get proper cable tension using the 8g cable, you need to modify the bracket on the cable, that will make it sorta work right, or you can just make a plate to adapt it, to make it work 100% right. The problem is the cable mounts to the manifold too close to the TB, this causes slack in the cable, so the first 25% of your pedal push is just taking up the slack, which prevents you from getting the throttle open all the way, because your pedal hits the floor before its all the way open.

If you are running the EVO cable, you might have a bad sensor, or just need to re-calibrate the sensor in the software.

You also need to know which spring your running. A manual boost controller can only provide boost to levels double of the waste gate spring pressure. So if you have a 5psi spring, your max level of boost with the boost controller all the way bottomed out is 10psi, if you consider having boost leaks too, you might only see about 8psi.
    Ok I will try to take a closer picture and yes I should be running 8g cable
    Also I will check on the spring and yes I have considered a boost leak which if nothing works then I will have to check for a boost leak.

No you "shouldn't" be running the 8g cable, you should be running the EVO cable because its "right". You can use the 8g cable though, you just need to know how to install it correctly so it functions the right way.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

No you "shouldn't" be running the 8g cable, you should be running the EVO cable because its "right". You can use the 8g cable though, you just need to know how to install it correctly so it functions the right way.
    Thanks stewi I will buy that as soon as I can

Great turn out bro it looks great!!! :) Videos!! Videos!! lol

Oh ya and did you fix your boost leak? I had the same problem you had on my Talon.It was the bov.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 06-13-2011 at 10:55 PM

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast