The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: protecto wrap???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    thanks guys... i have decided to do things the right way.. so i will be searching for some cheap stuff that is actually made for what im using it for.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Jedi iRevo
    i bought this u think it will do the same trick?? it cost me like 17$ or should i consider buying peel and seal or protector wrap?

well I think it would work but you might want to read what spd_frk wrote he is all knowing. (wanting to be just like him when I grow up lol)... But seriously he knows more about it than I do and I took the protecto wrap off my car after reading his post.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    why not use dyno matt
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Dyna mat is fine. I just got back from Home Depot and bought some Protecto wrap for the window siding. I was shocked the product was alot different from 5 years ago. It turned out they went cheap on us and replaced the aluminum shielding with......teflon sheets. Talk about cutting back on cost! I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    why not use dyno matt
    The problem with dynamat is that its expensive.

Hey dGALANTc, what system did you put on?
    what did you ended up using?

4g64T 5spd

Jedi iRevo
    it feels like it has aluminum on it so idk if i should even try i only got 2 12"s in da trunk lol

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Hey dGALANTc, what system did you put on?
    what did you ended up using?
    i just have two 12" kenwoods powered with two 600 watt kenwood amps. sounds pretty good.

but i went ahead and bought the expensive dynamatt just to cut it down a little. i also removed the third brake light in the rear window since i have one on my spoiler because this was a big part of the rattle, although this isnt a option for all G's
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I have 2 12' clarions and a 1800 kenwood in mine rattling is not that bad im gonna be removing my high mount has well when i paint n install my spoiler. just gotta sit on my trunk lmao although i would like to put some dynamat. about $360 installed the complete trunk

EDIT 12" lol my bad
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 07-21-2010 at 05:36 PM

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    I have 2 12' clarions and a 1800 kenwood in mine rattling is not that bad im gonna be removing my high mount has well when i paint n install my spoiler. just gotta sit on my trunk lmao although i would like to put some dynamat. about $360 installed the complete trunk
    two 12 foot subs how did you get em in the trunk... lol j/k but the high mount was my main prob when that was removed i just went to the local custom sounds and got an $80 dynamat kit for the bad spots
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    damn i wish it was that cheap for me too lol. i just stuffed a rag under there lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Jedi iRevo
    sooo i put da 17$ stuff i actualy worked pretty gud da tar was thick thou but it got the job done i jus ordered a dynamat liscence plate kit jus to show off i guess lo jk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12