Thread: alls i wanna do is beat a 3.1 v6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    ChuBBs

alls i wanna do is beat a 3.1 v6

alls i wanna do is beat a 3.1 v6
    what mods would i need for my 4g64?
    exaust... cai... what else?

u racing an oldmosobile cutlass or something? Get headers, CAI, 2 1/2" catback and take out the Cat. Maybe stuff a sponge inside the tailpipe of the car your racings and take a broom and shove it in there so it gets lodged. That should restrict some of his airflow and give you an un-fair advantage. Cheap, but if all you wanna do is beat him, then go for it.

MitsuMan
    do the take-his-wheels-off-his-car mod

Experienced TGC Member
    "You need NOS... Lots of it" according to Brain Pilner (or whatever his name was).

Don't forget to Double-Clutch!!!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

ChuBBs
    haha fa sho yall kno whats up... but catback being just taking out the cat or what?

TGC Regular
    What are you racing?

I like the take-the-wheels-off-the-car mod
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

cat back meaning piping from the CAT back to the muffler with nothing in the way, just the cat and then the next thing is the muffler

ChuBBs
    so hook up the cat. to the muffler with no pipe?

no, on the galant, tehre is the cat, then pipe, then a resonator, then more pipe then muffler, a cat back is just the cat, then piping all the way to the back and then the muffler, nothing inbetween the cat and the muffler

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>do the take-his-wheels-off-his-car mod </div>

Or when you pull up to race, just hold up a baggie full of lugnuts and watch him freak out!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't forget to Double-Clutch!!!</div>

-just don't blow the welds on the intake
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

MitsuMan
    When u are racing, make sure u give Hector your money to hold.....

When he says Cat, he means Catalytic converter. You can also take the Cat out and have the pipe installed from the Flex pipe all the way to the back where you want a performance muffler.

I noticed a slight HP gain, and noticeable sounds difference when I went from the Flex pipe back.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ya but remember that if you remove the cat completely you will most likely fail IM tests. There is a High-Flow cat you can buy from VisionImports but I dunno if that would pass either.

The Jiffy-Lube dude told me that our cars barely put out any emissions as it is.... but he does work at Jiffy-Lube so I dunno..
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

I don't have emissions in Iowa, so I'm lucky

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't have emissions in Iowa, so I'm lucky</div>

They dont have much out in IOWA, but they do have Jesse so its not a total loss,

BTW, its better to just have a bolt on cat just for emissions, thats what I do, what they dont know wont hurt them, well maybe the environment, but oh well ill be dead before i see anything bad...

ChuBBs
    no just take out the resonator in other words.. whats more hp take out cat and resonator or just resonator?
    im in iowa too so no emissionsss

Sweetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True

The Jiffy-Lube dude told me that our cars barely put out any emissions as it is.... but he does work at Jiffy-Lube so I dunno..
    this is true. when i had my car tested last march (i live in cali), the results are way low (i have a 98 ).

Your Cat is the resonator. Resonator means that it quiets stuff down. When I said I took the Cat off and it got noticeably louder, same thing.
    The HP gain isn't significant, but it felt more free flowing. I guarantee many many people will hear your car so make sure it's something you want to do.

ChuBBs
    alright ill think about that definately... but what else is there i could do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast