The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My brakes are crap

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    LeeUK VR4

My brakes are crap

Going to inspect brakes soon, i might let the dealers sort em out, i was sat at a set of lights and noticed my foot on the brakes was at the bottom, couldnt press any further, they do stop the car okay but not good when the peddle is at the bottom, what pads do you lot recommend and has anyone had a fluid change.

Nick VR4
    sounds like you have a leak if the peddle is going all the way down to the floor or your pads are way down
    So yes get it checked out fast

im going to have to do something wih my brakes aswell, I went to sheffield the other day, through snakepass.. once the brakes had been used for a bit ( hard breaking etc) they started to shudder, alot and the car was vibrating like hell. Only seems to happen once they are hot though.. they might warp a bit dunno.. but i was planning upgrading them anyways,..
    <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve</span>
    <span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Mods
    HKS Super Drager Exhaust - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02 </span>
    HKS Induction - <span style='color:#969696'>Dec 02</span>
    HKS Blow Off - <span style='color:#969696'>Jan 03</span>
    HKS Turbo Timer - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    HKS EVC Boost Controller @ 13 psi - <span style='color:#969696'>May 03</span>
    </span>

MTB
    yep, upgrade is a must! vr-4 is too heavy and powerful. the original brakes are never enough to stop it!

EBC Brake Discs & Pads

EBC have brake discs & pads for the VR4. Check needforspeed.co.uk for info. GD974 is grooved, dimpled & slotted for the 8G VR4's.

Da
    My standard GLS 2 Litre has the same problem. And good drive through the twisties and the discs are warped. they are shite. Doesn;t cost mush to get them on the lathe, but mine would on there all the time. i'm going to replace mine as soon as i can find some that will fit. dunno if the vr4 ones would fit, i doubt it.

Re: EBC Brake Discs & Pads

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundVR4
    EBC have brake discs & pads for the VR4. Check needforspeed.co.uk for info. GD974 is grooved, dimpled & slotted for the 8G VR4's.
    have these been road tested? do you have them? im wanting to change my brakes, but would like some confirmation that they are decent..

if not, does anyone here have upgraded brakes.. what are they, and do you recommend them?
    <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve</span>
    </span>

Re: EBC Brake Discs & Pads

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmundVR4
    have these been road tested? do you have them? im wanting to change my brakes, but would like some confirmation that they are decent..

if not, does anyone here have upgraded brakes.. what are they, and do you recommend them?
    hmm, EBC dont do Calipers.. /sighs.. any ideas?
    just trawling the net for things atm..
    </span>