The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing components in Stock location

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Installing components in Stock location

I just got a 2010 and am excited to re-install my sound system.
    Due to bad luck with break-ins in the past I always go with stock positions.
    I'm a little nervous about scratching up my new interior so I was curious what the best way to get into the stock tweeter location would be?
    I don't see any access.

Also, is there anything I need to know about removing the interior that I might not be familiar with (I had a 03 galant). It seems pretty straight forward if I am just careful.

ready to get the new car bumping :)

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

The only thing I found was a How To install front and rear speakers:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34126

4g64T 5spd

rocgalant
    It's extremely easy. Omega's link is to a write-up I did maybe a year ago. PM me if you have any questions.

rocgalant
    Oh yeah, for the tweeters, take a flathead screwdriver and put a washcloth (or something) on it so that you don't scratch the plastic tweeter housing on your dash. Then, basically dig into the housing to pop it up. You would dig in and push the plastic going from the inside (the dash side) out (going towards the window side). For example, on the driver's side, you would put the screwdriver on the right side of the plastic housing (the dash side or 'inside'), dig in and push up and towards the window ('out'). I didn't have the Rockford Audio upgrade with mine so I didn't have to worry about a factory amp or crossovers (for the tweeters). I bought aftermarket tweeters which came with crossovers. Tweeters were also super easy to install.

Thanks guys, worked perfect, now another problem.

I got the cover off, but the stock hole is huge. What can I use to fit my tweeters into the stock position?
    I can't drill anything up there cause of the window

rocgalant
    Ah this part takes some ingenuity. My tweeters are only an inch in diameter and they're black. They also came with two-sided sticky tabs so I stuck them on top of the tweeter covers. I racked my brain for a couple days trying to figure out how to get the tweeters inside the cover but it blends into the dash the way it is now. Mostly depends on the type of tweeters you get.

Quote Originally Posted by icebrc View Post
    Thanks guys, worked perfect, now another problem.

I got the cover off, but the stock hole is huge. What can I use to fit my tweeters into the stock position?
    I can't drill anything up there cause of the window
    buy a sheet of abs plastic from a stereo store and trace out your factory tweeter onto the plastic...cut out the pattern with jig saw and then cut a hole in it and flush mount your tweeters into the abs plastic. drill the holes for your factory screws to hold in the abs using the factory speaker as a template. now just mount your tweeter in the dash as if it were the factory speaker.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...