The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Painting my car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    The maaco here in daygo left a big piece of tape on my hood and just painted over it like if i wasnt gonna notice it. had to leave it there for 2 days for them to fix it and repaint. f**k maaco

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Wow the car turned out beautiful, what went wrong the first time you did it for it take the full week to perfect?
    Thanks... I had to fiberglass little dings and stuff. Where the new rear quarter is welded to the rest of the body; the seam is fiberglassed. I had runs in my clear coat. Painting under the spoiler was hell. Mainly redoing the fiberglass stuff until I couldn't feel or see any dents or bumps. Also when you get runs in the clear, you have to wait for it to dry and you then sand off the run until its flat. Reapply the clear after final clean and hope it doesn't run again.

Another thing, I was also a first time buffer and I ended up buffing the trunk too much where I started seeing little to no clear coat... ugh redo the trunk. Just stuff you need to be tedious about.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    Maaco uses poor quality materials and tools. I know this first hand as I have worked there.
    As in the paint itself sucks or the work they do sucks? Or both lol

Quote Originally Posted by sAnDiEgOVR4 View Post
    The maaco here in daygo left a big piece of tape on my hood and just painted over it like if i wasnt gonna notice it. had to leave it there for 2 days for them to fix it and repaint. f**k maaco
    Lol wow, they actually though you wouldn't notice a piece of tape under the new paint? That's just wrong.
    Last edited by keith6110; 04-20-2010 at 06:10 AM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12