The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: engine swap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    i have a unlimited budget, i have a 2000 mits galant I4 with a wack 150hp wateva gets me to 500hp+. I would buy a trans am but I want to be unique.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalwx69 View Post
    i have a unlimited budget, i have a 2000 mits galant I4 with a wack 150hp wateva gets me to 500hp. I would buy a trans am but I want to be unique
    Well if the budge is unlimited then do a full Evo engine and trans swap, AWD conversion and 500to the wheels will be muh quicker nd easier than trying to dump a GXP engine into the Galant.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i have a unlimited budget, i have a 2000 mits galant I4 with a wack 150hp wateva gets me to 500hp+. I would buy a trans am but I want to be unique.
    unlimited budget and you end up with a galant? no offense to any galant owners, I know most of us love our cars to death.

We've had it for 10 years over 170000 miles just wanted to trick it out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I really don't like to bash new guys, but you are arguing with one of the guys that knows the 8th generation Galant the best on here. Motor mounts, transmission mounts, axles, etc. will NOT be super easy. You have to have the proper length axles, right size splines, etc. You say your uncle has a machine shop. Well guess what, a machine shop is a business. Businesses have customers that they need to do work for, and good businesses know that customers are the priority. With the amount of time and effort required by the machine shop, there's nooooo way he could do it free of charge. If he could, then it would take a hell of a long time to get anything done.

Lets just do a run-down of costs here:
    Engine: $800++
    Transmission: $600+
    Custom axles: $500+ (considering Raxles are $300+.. and those are already spec'd for mass production)
    Engine Management: ???? who knows. Full ECU swap?

If you were to buy the entire car for the $4000, you still have the cost of custom axles, motor mounts, etc. I don't even know if you physically have room to fit the V8+transmission in our engine bay.

Last question: With the amount of custom fabrication required: cutting, drilling, welding, machining, fabricating CUSTOM parts, etc., why the hell do you want a FWD V8????

EDIT: I apologize for the yelling and anger that I just posted, but I was very frustrated. If you want someone that has done this kind of swap before, then you are not on the right forum. In fact, if you want to be extremely "unique" with the Galant, then I think you can assume that no one has really done the kind of thing that you are planning on doing. I dunno.. common sense.
    Last edited by beam514; 04-20-2010 at 01:36 AM

Import engines are strange to me, im use to GM cars ls series motors ls1-ls7 that thunder sound of open headers that wat i want for my galant to make sound how it looks MONSTROUS. My mom has a 2008 Corvette ls7 7.0l beast

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    why the hell do you want a FWD V8????
    If you want someone that has done this kind of swap before, then you are not on the right forum. In fact, if you want to be extremely "unique" with the Galant, then I think you can assume that no one has really done the kind of thing that you are planning on doing. I dunno.. common sense.
    I was thinking about puttin a rear end in but putting a rwd manual tranny driveshaft and a rear axle in that bytch would be more of a head ache.

Second i was asking about the wiring of the speedocluster and the electrical system not the engine swap itself because it not common sense

Ok Im gonna just go out on a limb here and assume you are from the US. While assuming that I am going to ask you one simple question. Can you please use fucking correct words, grammar, and tense on the words?

The word escape me in trying to describe the build you are going for. I will say good luck and that's all.

Oh and also do you actually know anything about ls1-ls7 engines or just the fact that they sound like thunder with open headers?

Cause tbh you don't seem to know much you seem like some ambitious kid with 5000 bucks in his pocket that thinks that's all he needs for this swap. You want an ls engine in a sleeper? Go buy a 95 caprice it would be cheaper to fit it all as well.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-20-2010 at 01:54 AM

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I was thinking about puttin a rear end in but putting a rwd manual tranny driveshaft and a rear axle in that bytch would be more of a head ache.

Second i was asking about the wiring of the speedocluster and the electrical system not the engine swap itself because it not common sense
    your "speedocluster" would have to be completely custom, along with every other part of this build.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Ok Im gonna just go out on a limb here and assume you are from the US. While assuming that I am going to ask you one simple question. Can you please use fucking correct words, grammar, and tense on the words?

The word escape me in trying to describe the build you are going for. I will say good luck and that's all.

Oh and also do you actually know anything about ls1-ls7 engines or just the fact that they sound like thunder with open headers?

Cause tbh you don't seem to know much you seem like some ambitious kid with 5000 bucks in his pocket that thinks that's all he needs for this swap. You want an ls engine in a sleeper? Go buy a 95 caprice it would be cheaper to fit it all as well.
    You seem like a British faggit sittin at hes desk holdin he's dick.
    18yrs going to Fresno State University Majoring in Mechanical Enginneer and wether or not i use correct grammar on a FUCKKING FORUm doesn't mean SHITTTTT! SMARTASSZ

My pockets are deeper than u an yo mommaz fuckin 03-Galant-ES

Haha listen kid if you look down at the bottom right of your post there is a button called edit. Fucking hit it and stop wasting our bandwidth with your rude idiotic banter.

You seem like a British faggit sittin at hes desk holdin he's dick.
    Its his not he's or hes.

18yrs going to Fresno State University
    So you've been going to a University for 18 years? That explains a lot. See how much grammar changes a sentence you insolent little punk?
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-20-2010 at 02:09 AM

Ls-series I know every hose, linkage cable, cam sensor, and size of the stock bores on every ls engine out. SSOOOO shhuutt yoself up

Lolloloolololol

Weve own every year of the corvette

I have a old f in galant n i wanted to start a project and everyone want to talk shyt well fuck all yall!!!!!!!!!!!

Its we've owned...no weve own. Go back to the first grade my 6 year old niece presents herself as smarter than you.

I have a old f in galant n i wanted to start a project and everyone want to talk shyt well fuck all yall!!!!!!!!!!!
    So you're leaving and we don't have to worry about our IQ lowering while listening to you right? Peace.

loolololololool You're the idiot, the kid wastes he's time worrying about people who don't give a damn if yo white ass lived or died. Wat persn wastezz ther tim spelln perfect sentences, I have a car as a project and money to spend. Sumthin yo ass dont kno bout!!!!
    Internet no life havin bioootch.

You don't even know anything about me except for the fact that I like to know what I'm reading when I am on an online forum. Do you assume I am white because I don't speak ebonics on the internet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast