The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question??????????????????

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    KrisGalant97es

Question??????????????????

I want to buy a high flow cat, but I dont know where to find one. If anyone knows where to find them and the price it would be a great help.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    don't quote me on this (literally) but i remember reading some posts a while back about how 7Gs have to get exhausts custom made cause no companies make them. it's not all that expensive for custom, just take it to the right place.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GalantSpeed
    you have 2 choices from my knowledge.

1. remove your factory cat and punch out all the honeycomb crap inside it

2. get an eclipse one and have any muffler shop install it for you. they'll probably have to make a custom down pipe, but make sure you either have a hook up at a muffler shop or your state doesn't have emissions laws.

BEAST
    I think vision imports sells them. I called them and I think I remember them quoting me at like 130 or so? Around there. BTW thats for a high flow cat. But then you got to get it put on by a shop, so I would say if you don't have a muffler yet get them put on at the same time, will be cheaper for the install.

IllestGalant
    yup, vision imports, they got the header too.

Kain
    The company that makes the highest flow, best quality cats on the market (random technology) is 1 mile from where I live when I'm at school. They said they'd make one up special for the Galant, all I'd have to do is take it up there and let them size it up. Price was quoted in excess of $200 though. If you're interested, let me know.

Oh, and NEVER gut your cat. It actually makes it flow less efficiently than if you just leave it alone. Gutting cats is a redneck racer myth.

IllestGalant
    really? how do you know this, any physics behind that?

Kain
    Uhh, yes but it's late and I don't feel like typing it out. But, basically, it creates a large open area in the exhaust stream. This causes a disruption in the exhaust stream wherin the exhaust gasses bounce around within that chamber and create a vortex effect, which disrupts and slows down the exhaust stream more than the slight disruption caused by the honeycombs. You're much better to replace the cat with a piece of straight piping than to gut it. The key to optimum exhaust flow is smooth flow, something most people often don't understand. That's why a 3" exhaust pipe on a N/A 4 cyl will result in the same if not lower power than 2.5" pipe.