The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fuel pump rewire mod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    jip have u changed our fuel filter?..how many miles do u have??your pump may be starting to go out and upping the voltage made it tolerable again..i wonder what its flowing right now...a new fuel pump might nopt be a bad idea..especially if u plan on turbocharging it.
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

thats jut so weird that it would just start doing it out of no where..
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror
    thats jut so weird that it would just start doing it out of no where..
    Agreed. And the other 15 or so people that I have talked to on groups who have measured very low voltage at their fuel pump and did the rewire didnt have the problem that I had. So I duno, but the rewire sure did fix the problem. I'll change the pump when my car stops running

When I go turbo (wont be for another year), I was planning on geting a walbro 190, but for now, I dont worry about it.

Im worried more about installing my DIS converter tomorow and my engine knocking a hole through itself from advanced timing : O well its in the name of science. lol
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantSpeed
    will doing the rewire lower the gas mileage at all?

re-wire Does not increase fuel consumption

re-wiring.. you guys *MUST* be careful
    some of you have the FCM.. (which is hidden under the dash)
    this thing lowers voltage to the Fuel-pump when it's not needed, to lower the line-pressure and supposedly help emissions in some Way, by eliminating the amount Of use the EVAP canister gets.

the good news, is that it never drops too low to not switch the relay.. but your #'s obviously *WILL* vary From fed-spec voltage Readings.

jus read-through, and make sure you do the install CLEANLY.... no open connections, clean soldering, and well-wrapped joints..(some of this Will be exposed to the elements)
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>re-wire Does not increase fuel consumption

re-wiring.. you guys *MUST* be careful
    some of you have the FCM.. (which is hidden under the dash)
    this thing lowers voltage to the Fuel-pump when it's not needed, to lower the line-pressure and supposedly help emissions in some Way, by eliminating the amount Of use the EVAP canister gets.

the good news, is that it never drops too low to not switch the relay.. but your #'s obviously *WILL* vary From fed-spec voltage Readings.
    </div>

I would guess that I have it cause illestglant said he reads full voltage all the time. I have a cali spec car (how i duno) and most of my friends have cali spec galants, (meanwhile we all bought them from dealerships in ny lol) We all read 9v or so around crusing speed at 50% throttle. Not any more though
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    hmmmm well ive had mine re-wired for about 6months now. no problems at all. Not sure if mine is cali or fed spec....
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmmmm well ive had mine re-wired for about 6months now. Â*no problems at all. Â*Not sure if mine is cali or fed spec....</div>

The rewire fixed some of my major problems. If you have 2 cats I think its a cali spec, cause I HAD 2 lol Or you could just look up your vin number in caps and it will tell you.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

if your exhaust manifold is a 4 to 1 style, With an o2 sensor right after the end, and followed by a catalytic converter.. you have a cali Spec

I think like 35+ states follow cali-spec's these days..
    including all of new england (maybe minus VT) NJ/NY/PA

anyways.. Re-wiring The pump = ful 12-14V ALL the Time
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

GalantSpeed
    so umm........will doing this reduce the gas mileage?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>re-wire Does not increase fuel consumption</div>
    7g for life!

GalantSpeed
    lol, damn i'm blind, thanks for pointing that out!

hey i had a question with the grounding on the relay, which ground is suppose to go on the ground coil relay??? is it the ground with the plug that i clipped, the new ground that i am suppose to make and bolt to the chassy or the original ground...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

wait do i solder all 3 together??? if i do why is the picture of the ground wire clip for the stock fuel pump, cant i just not clip it and solder it in with it???

7g for life!

sorry guys hehe its soo simple but im getting confused with all the wires, what does contact 87 plug into?? is it the blue wire from the white harness that is clipped or the other side of that blue wire... that was clipped... thanks

sorry i mean contact 86

Experienced TGC Member
    Its pretty much impossible not to understand how to wire it with the 40 pictures shown on the site and full explanation of every little anoying detail unless ur too lazy to read...so read it.

And for ground, as far as this car is concerned, ground is ground is ground. A wire, or any metal part of the car thats not painted or insulated are all ground.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

i connected my ground wire to the seatbelt bolt...not too far away, but it was a good ground. i groundedmy amp to the driverside rear seatbelt bolt and it proved to be a solid ground...
    7g for life!

ic i couldnt really see the pics at my house kuz there was something wrong with my internet soo allthe pictures was blurry but thanks for the info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast