The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2010 Corona BBQ Sunday June 27th

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 218

2010 Corona BBQ Sunday June 27th

Last year we met at 12:00pm so I am setting that as the time this year. Hopefully we can get a good turn out.

EDIT by qnz: the closest google maps address I can find to the bbq spot is:

Boathouse Bridge,
    Queens NY 11367

See pictures below for details.

The red circle is where we meet and grill at.
    The exit is a little bit tricky. I'm assuming most of you will be coming off the LIE and going South Bound on the Van Wyck. On the Van Wyck, you get off at (exit 12?) towards Jewel Ave. After you get off the exit, instead of going straight on the off-ramp to Jewel Ave, there is a branch to the right that will lead you into Corona Park. Every year we see a bunch of people whiz past the branch in the road and go to Jewel Ave. You cannot enter the park from the Van Wyck going north bound. You will have to go past the exit and then make your way south bound again.

[/qnz]

Attending:
    1. 03-Galant-ES and Fiancee-bringing Soda or whatever else is needed.
    2. tjones156 and friend-bringing chips 2 coolers
    3. Galanttuner10 and girlfriend-bringing paper plates and napkins and stuff
    4. Keith6110
    5. 1992Galant condiments
    6. SkylineG1
    7. Jeffylou87
    8. Stewi(bringing ribs hot dogs burgers and bun as per usual and people can toss $10-20 at him towards food who dont bring stuff)
    8.5 Stewi's car...No not the Geico one, Brian is actually bringing the beast down.
    9. Mr.Bishi- bringing meat and a grill, hopefully making some KeBabs
    10. Salvichronic
    11. qnz- chipping in money towards food
    12. Fatal1
    13. Fatal1's brother, dont know his TGC name, but Keith said he doesnt see why he wouldnt make it.
    14. SoSick
    15. Run1206 chips soda and girlfriend. (Drew and Jenn being there means we need mad food :-P)
    16. Proto
    17. Galantfan88 and girlfriend chipping money towards food.
    18. MrJayDeeOne + wife. Chipping in money towards food.
    19. Joncav2222(club9G)
    20. DangerDanJ Bringing the grill from last year and charcoal.
    21. 6G72Galant
    22. goldgalant[reborn]
    23. Carl3G back on the list

Maybe attending:
    1. Denver(maybe)
    2. Rach3T8G +gf(maybe)
    3. Bezzle
    4. Rayth
    5. Varrao
    6.Zobgel
    7. sls2000
    8. sleepervr-4

We need grills! Who has the new one we assembled last year? We have 1 confirmed grill probably need 2 more. Carl said he is bringing charcoal so we just need grills

Anyone who has updates on their status of attending or what they are bringing let me know. Brian if you're bringing meat and need people to toss some cash at you chime in just wanted to make sure that its the normal deal.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 06-24-2010 at 01:59 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    im in cant wait. turbo wont be on as im gonna do the 5 speed swap and head swap first in the summer. may turbo it once i have everything just to blow up the auto lmao. u gonna be turbo by then?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I am not sure if I am gonna be turbo by it. I may just piece together a 5spd swap quickly and do that with some nice new motor mounts and maybe finish my brakes. That way I can wire in the evo 8 ecu and run car on that so I dont have to wire it in twice.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I am not sure if I am gonna be turbo by it. I may just piece together a 5spd swap quickly and do that with some nice new motor mounts and maybe finish my brakes. That way I can wire in the evo 8 ecu and run car on that so I dont have to wire it in twice.
    ive got the 5 spd swap right near me but no money to get it and finish it until summer
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

me and Caryn will be there, unless something changes with my work schedule between now and then. Also contributing to Brian (Stewie) towards food.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

ill contribute to Stewi towards food too.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Im in with my gf and Ill also pitch in some towards the food for Stewi =)
    sooooo exciting!!!

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Proto
    Put me down.

Mr. Bishi, If your bringing burgers, I will bring the buns and cheese. I will also be chippin in some money towards stewi.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Why is this BBQ on a Sunday? We have never had it on a Sunday before, WTH!!!! What Saturdays are too much now?

Maybe

13. Fatal1's brother, dont know his TGC name, but Keith said he doesnt see why he wouldnt make it.
    umm was fatal1's brother at the edgewater meet?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no he wasnt. he usually doesnt come out unless the meets close.

his timing belt just snapped on his car though and he decided not to drop in a new motor. he will be having a partout. some items include a front jdm conversion (new style) painted titanium grey although could use a repaint. the leather seats he just bought in grey. they are in mint condition and he literally just pruchased them about 2 months ago from spdfrk. he also has some other stuff but those are the larger items. if anyone local is interested let me know and whenever the meet is im sure he can bring some of the stuff along. when the cars back in his possesion i can take some pics for you guys if you would like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    no he wasnt. he usually doesnt come out unless the meets close.

his timing belt just snapped on his car though and he decided not to drop in a new motor. he will be having a partout. some items include a front jdm conversion (new style) painted titanium grey although could use a repaint. the leather seats he just bought in grey. they are in mint condition and he literally just pruchased them about 2 months ago from spdfrk. he also has some other stuff but those are the larger items. if anyone local is interested let me know and whenever the meet is im sure he can bring some of the stuff along. when the cars back in his possesion i can take some pics for you guys if you would like as well.
    ahh alright.. I thought maybe there was a little confusion. Thats really too bad that a new motor isn't going to be dropped in the car. But if some stuff is fs maybe you could bring some of the stuff that didn't sell to the meet.

I might be there steve. Put me down as a maybe. I'll have to let you know when the meet gets closer. I might be in the middle of my tranny swap.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I will bring burgers, hotdogs and the bread for both. I will also bring the ribs since Skyline has specifically requested them. We need someone to bring cheese, condiments, etc.

I guess I'll bring my car too......
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    i can bring condiments . i got approved for the day off for corona . i may have the 6 gen with me. i got my order of head bolts in today. working on the motor this weekend. i should of the new harness next weekend. then i just got to drop in the motor . then i should be set for corona. if not my roomates my drive

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    Why is this BBQ on a Sunday? We have never had it on a Sunday before, WTH!!!! What Saturdays are too much now?
    Dont ask me the voters have spoken. I am not a politician who makes up the minds of the voters for them.

Dont ask me the voters have spoken. I am not a politician who makes up the minds of the voters for them.
    haha thats good.. politician. Its so true.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I try ;)

I can bring chicken, steaks, and some other grilling goodies.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast