The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my car died had to leave it in a bad area NEED help like now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar

my car died had to leave it in a bad area NEED help like now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was driving home about two hours ago and my G shut off on its own and doesnt wanna start at all..... she wants to turn on but she just cranks and doesnt turn over PLEASE HELP I NEED TO GET HER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

the battery is fine and i didnt smell gas i did however smell burning but it was really faint and went away when i pooped the hood
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 04-20-2010 at 08:39 PM

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

it wouldnt be the batt if the car was running... alternator maybe? or check the fuel...

i meant you might be out of gasoline.

Sounds like an alternator belt came off or alternator stopped working. This will eat up your battery and you will not have any power for shifting or even starting. Give more details on what happened.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

im all over the place its too much to type and im worried about my G getting broken into. i checked the belts they all look good nice n tight i have a full tank of gas and everything turns on everything works she just dont wanna start

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    im all over the place its too much to type and im worried about my G getting broken into. i checked the belts they all look good nice n tight i have a full tank of gas and everything turns on everything works she just dont wanna start
    Doesn't want to start how? does the engine crank over? Does the starter turn at full speed or does it seem faster than usual?

Important to answer^^^

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

no check engine light came on?

fuel pump maybe...

no check engine light it cranks over seems normal she just doesnt wanna fully crank over i gotta switch pc ill be bck in a sec

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Does the car even turn at all? do you hear any clicking noises? do your headlights and accessories come on? check and see if the battery is corrosion free, it may sound irrelevant but it does occur.

timing belt
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    timing belt
    This would result in abnormal faster cranking. The starter would spin faster than usual. He said it seemed like it was cranking normally. If he's incorrect and it is cranking faster; this is certainly the issue.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

take the serpentine belt off, the a/c clutch could have seized up, that would also cause a crank no start condition.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    timing belt
    wouldnt u notice if the timing belt goes tho? i figure you would hear the knocking and misfire right before the car dies no? i could be wrong...

how many belts are there i only see one belt and its good n tight its cranks normally could it be that something came loose it was getting dark so i couldnt see well. i was driving at the time when it happened and it just shut off hids, system dash lights all work

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoX20 View Post
    wouldnt u notice if the timing belt goes tho? i figure you would hear the knocking and misfire right before the car dies no? i could be wrong...
    Nope, you hear the engine and then you just watch your rpms drop as you come to a rolling stop. In-fact the rpms stay up without engine noise until you put the car into neutral. The engine rpm then drops immediately to 0. The timing belt could have jumped as well which means its still on there but is loose as hell so his valves could be bent. This would also result in fast cranking.

I would compression test one of the cylinders, but i know you don't have too much time.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

it doesnt crank faster then usual thats normal how many belts are in my engine i have 3.0 the car just shut off nothing out of the ordinary just shut off the the lights on the dash just looked like as if you just switched the ignition on

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    how many belts are there i only see one belt and its good n tight its cranks normally could it be that something came loose it was getting dark so i couldnt see well. i was driving at the time when it happened and it just shut off hids, system dash lights all work
    Being tight is irrelevant, remove the belt and crank the car. If a pulley is seized (specifically the a/c clutch pulley) than it would cause the crank no start you are experiencing. It may not be that, but it is a potential cause of what you exactly describe. So...slow down, listen to what we are telling you, we aren't just guessing or throwing out pointless advice.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Being tight is irrelevant, remove the belt and crank the car. If a pulley is seized (specifically the a/c clutch pulley) than it would cause the crank no start you are experiencing. It may not be that, but it is a potential cause of what you exactly describe. So...slow down, listen to what we are telling you, we aren't just guessing or throwing out pointless advice.
    oh i know you guys are really looking out for me and im takng in everything its late cant really do anything im just trying to brainstorm while i can find a way to get her home

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast