The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fog light help!!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

fog light help!!

ok so i just got my 880 HIDs from ddm tuning but... they dont seem to fit at all, the box they came in says "880cg9" so im guessing they are the right ones... heres a pic

thats the original bulb next to the ddm tuning one... did ddm send me the wrong bulb??

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I had to remove the water from my fogs last week and mine look exactly the same. Does it have the three teeth to lock it?

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    I had to remove the water from my fogs last week and mine look exactly the same. Does it have the three teeth to lock it?
    yes they do, how r people fiting the 880s into the fogs??

You have stock fog lights right? measure the bulb and let me know how long the bulb is from the base. I got mine to fit into my fog light housings, but it looked like it was a really tight fit. Also, i had 8000K bulbs in my stock fog lights, and the shell of the fog light covers began to turn brownish and melt.

I ordered my HID setup for my fog lights about a year ago. I didnt order them from ddmtuning, i got them from hidxenonheadlights.com
    The bulb measures a little under 2in:

Last edited by Joshua42007; 04-20-2010 at 05:02 PM

the 3k hids fit (length wise) fine, its the 3 little locking tabs that dont fit, it just spins and doesnt lock into anything

That's weird I have 6000k in my fogs and they fit fine. You could try rtv sealer(silicone) it would seal out the moister and with a nice thick layer it should hold it in place. I used it to hold my center caps in place and I put a thin layer to seal out the moister. And when it drys completely it should stay. Do that or see if you could return them I guess. If you do try it let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 04-20-2010 at 05:10 PM

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

my HIDs look just like the ones joshua posted, but if you look at the picture i posted u can see the 3 little tabs are spread differently in the bulbs...

ill try the rtv if i cant figure it out i guess... i have some left over from when i did my oil pan gasket...

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoX20 View Post
    my HIDs look just like the ones joshua posted, but if you look at the picture i posted u can see the 3 little tabs are spread differently in the bulbs...

ill try the rtv if i cant figure it out i guess... i have some left over from when i did my oil pan gasket...
    It sounds like you might have the wrong bulb size. Im not too sure, but if the tabs dont match up correctly then yeah. Also the bulb should be inserted into the fog light housing and all you should have to do is just turn it to lock it in place (Just like installing your turning signal bulbs.) I would call ddm and ask them if they sent you a different bulb, if you havent already done that yet.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 04-20-2010 at 07:09 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

The HID bulb you have is a 880 bulb, the other one the original bulb you show looks like 9005, 9006. The harness is the same but the "teeth" on the bulb are completely different it wont fit. You obviously don't have OEM 880 fogs so you ordered the wrong bulbs.

My OEM bulb looked like this but without the blue color:
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-20-2010 at 08:04 PM

4g64T 5spd

ohhh... see now that makes sense... i bought the bumper from another G owner, and the fogs came with it, so he probably got different fogs... can anyone tell me which fog light bulb mine is? lol

mine is 6000k hid and it looks exactly like yours my G has stock fogs its a 2000

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinoX20 View Post
    ohhh... see now that makes sense... i bought the bumper from another G owner, and the fogs came with it, so he probably got different fogs... can anyone tell me which fog light bulb mine is? lol
    you probably have h3 but dont quote me on that.

I was going to say.. Those bulbs in your first pic is wayyy too big lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    mine is 6000k hid and it looks exactly like yours my G has stock fogs its a 2000
    what size bulb u get for your HIDs? 880?

latinox20: pa ponele hids a las fog too lo q usa 880 y esas cosas asi se le pode poner H3 y H1 x q el foco es corto al igual que el H7 lo unico q tienes q ponerle SILICON an bulb en la parte de atras pa q no se salga de la lampara