The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Biggest waste of time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 57

Biggest waste of time!

Tried doing the short air intake build and it was a waste of time.

There's no way of getting that MAF off the intake box, there's no room for anything to fit.

now to top things off my rpms are no longer stable

completely have given up hope for the G

Saving up for a 3000gt, something worth putting money into

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Sounds like you done fucked up..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    Tried doing the short air intake build and it was a waste of time.

There's no way of getting that MAF off the intake box, there's no room for anything to fit.

now to top things off my rpms are no longer stable

completely have given up hope for the G

Saving up for a 3000gt, something worth putting money into
    there are 4 bolts holding the MAF to the intake box. rpms may not be stable cuz u may have damaged the MAF when you got frustrated or you never plugged the MAF back in. if you dont know cars dont try to work on them and then get all pissed off. inspect everything before getting pissed at the car. everything that was made to come apart comes apart. it came off of both of my 7Gs
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    there are 4 bolts holding the MAF to the intake box. rpms may not be stable cuz u may have damaged the MAF when you got frustrated or you never plugged the MAF back in. if you dont know cars dont try to work on them and then get all pissed off. inspect everything before getting pissed at the car. everything that was made to come apart comes apart. it came off of both of my 7Gs

Go ahead and get that 3000gt. Just don't get mad when your cold air doesn't fit properly on that either.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

if you cant handle an intake on a 7g....

you cant handle a 3kgt

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    if you cant handle an intake on a 7g....

you cant handle a 3kgt
    agreed
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

how about you get your ass a honda if you cant handled that take the bus that it
    HERE is the picture of a expensive because i care but the hood closed and it fit by moving the battery tray
    Last edited by warren; 04-21-2010 at 10:34 PM

i didnt know shit about my car but I bought a haynes repair manual to start learning, but i at least knew how to remove my air box and maf before buying the manual. but if you cant figure out how to remove the stock intake on a car (probably the damn easiest thing to do ever) you are fucked for the long run.

honestly alot of parts are easy to take off an put back on. Stare at it scratch your chin and say hmmm how does that stay on there. Do the opposite of how it stays on to take it off. Im no master mechanic, but when I look at something I am about to do I look for all possible bolts holding it in. So far it worked well on 3 cars one being my bmw.

I've fixed other things on my car for example i replaced the throttle body, fuel pump, gas oil pan seal, and window motor and regulator. I know how to taake it out i just couldnt get the two bolts out, the ones that have very little room to work with. Dont get me wrong i know how to install it, it was just those two bolts that were pissing me off

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    I've fixed other things on my car for example i replaced the throttle body, fuel pump, gas oil pan seal, and window motor and regulator. I know how to taake it out i just couldnt get the two bolts out, the ones that have very little room to work with. Dont get me wrong i know how to install it, it was just those two bolts that were pissing me off
    those 2 bolts are why wrenchs were invented.. put down the socket and grap a wrench
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Or get a socket with an extension. Use a shallow socket, apply pressure with one hand and use socket with other. It works wonders and most likely will not strip if you do it right with right size socket. Ive stripped with wrenches :( not fun

Wrenches aren't my best friend, but i was thinking on getting the extention but i was to frustrated. Probably gonnaa try again tomorrow

yea i did it too lol look at mine

movd your battery tray over

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    lol im sorry i couldnt helpl but laugh(scratching my ear) you guys are trip. i was looking at a few pics of the 8gg with the cone air filter and it looks easy as hell i want to do it on my v6 but not sure. i heard that you can get more dirt faster and or oil n water through it and damage the maf sensor. is that true???

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

i dont know ask bloody arro i installed his easy as shit

its possible to get oil and water in it but not likely... had mine for years and no problem...

TGC Regular
    That is why when you get your piping for the CAI you make sure that you get a bypass valve..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    i was thinking of using the stock piping and just get the adapter for the maf sensor and just get the cone air filter...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast