The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Biggest waste of time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 57
    fail.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

seriously, if ur gonna get frustrated because of an intake, don't even bother trying to deal w/ a turbo or 2. installing an intake is child's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    fail.
    u beat me to it bro.

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHAHA! You struggled doing a CAI on a 7G? What a loser. Then you bash the car because YOU'RE an idiot? PFT. Take that shit somewhere else man.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    My son that's 7 installed the intake on my 06 Maxima. What does that say about you?? Seriously though, you think installing an intake is hard?? These cars have lots of potentials but if you're having a hard time installing an intake, maybe you should just get that 3000gt because bad ass cars are build, not bought.

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    That is why when you get your piping for the CAI you make sure that you get a bypass valve..
    This negates any hp the CAI would give you over the SRI might as well get SRI and make a heat shield at that point it would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    This negates any hp the CAI would give you over the SRI might as well get SRI and make a heat shield at that point it would be cheaper.
    sorry. not true. bypass valve only opens when there is a significant drop in intake pressure (like when the main filter is submerged); it stays closed under normal operation even at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    My son that's 7 installed the intake on my 06 Maxima. What does that say about you?? Seriously though, you think installing an intake is hard?? These cars have lots of potentials but if you're having a hard time installing an intake, maybe you should just get that 3000gt because bad ass cars are build, not bought.
    Lol yeah fkn right. Like i said if you were reading carefully i've installed more difficult things than this sai. True i did get frustrated but it doesnt mean i cant install it. Bought the extention this morning and installed it in 15 mins no problem. I did let frustration get the best of me but all in all it was done.

Plus i know i that cars need to be built not bought. I built my 3000gt from the ground up but sadly i had to sell it. Thats why i want a 3000gt to replace my old one

Experienced TGC Member
    Amen brother! If i were to buy a fast car thats stock id never have the pride in it that i do in my 7g. Its about the challenge, the struggle and the open mindness. Fuck buying a 20k car that will be decently fast. Ill take my 7g and build it how i want it to be, knowing i wont be the fastest car in the world but knowing i built it that way. Its all about pride and joy in this hobby. If you suck at putting a cold air intake on, god forbid you ever build a motor.................

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    i was thinking of using the stock piping and just get the adapter for the maf sensor and just get the cone air filter...
    thats what I had for a year and a half, but it was kinda stupid, you would have to support the filter end cuz if not the flex bit thats right next to the head will cause the filter and MAF to vibrate, i was lazy and just rested it on a piece of foam that sat behind the headlight, it worked but looked stupid and half-assed. I have a injen CAI/RAM I love it and it sounds louder then the stock pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    sorry. not true. bypass valve only opens when there is a significant drop in intake pressure (like when the main filter is submerged); it stays closed under normal operation even at WOT.
    hmm interesting, I heard a few times that they have a loss of power. Def time to look into it more.

next time you get frustrated, shoot us some pics or something and we'll be glad to give you our 2 cents to help ya figure it out. It's the learning process not the figuring it out process. just make a mental note.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Amen brother! If i were to buy a fast car thats stock id never have the pride in it that i do in my 7g. Its about the challenge, the struggle and the open mindness. Fuck buying a 20k car that will be decently fast. Ill take my 7g and build it how i want it to be, knowing i wont be the fastest car in the world but knowing i built it that way. Its all about pride and joy in this hobby. If you suck at putting a cold air intake on, god forbid you ever build a motor.................

Its not thaat i didnt know how but i just got frustrated. If you were able to read carefully i said that i went back the next morning and installed it

Btw i have built a motor, not by myself but i helped a friend rebuild his 86 toyota corolla :D

good next time dont write stupid shit

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the maf cannot be separated from the air filter box, no one has ever done it
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    Lol yeah fkn right. Like i said if you were reading carefully i've installed more difficult things than this sai. True i did get frustrated but it doesnt mean i cant install it. Bought the extention this morning and installed it in 15 mins no problem. I did let frustration get the best of me but all in all it was done.

Plus i know i that cars need to be built not bought. I built my 3000gt from the ground up but sadly i had to sell it. Thats why i want a 3000gt to replace my old one
    Yeah fucking right what?? Please learn how to spell because it gives me a headache to read. I proof read everything I write, it's not that hard. It makes me wonder how the hell you build a 3000gt motor from ground up but can't install a simple mod as an intake that a 7 year old can do. Are you smarter then a 1st grader?? I guess not....lmao. It also makes me wonder why would anyone that is used to driving a built 3000GT would downgrade to a 7G and then complain. People usually upgrade, not the otherway around. Not that a 7G cant be fast but I'm talking about a stock 7G. Things that make you go hmmmm...
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-23-2010 at 01:04 PM

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post

What are you talking about?? LOL yea you can...

That was a lot of feedback in my CAI thread....

Experienced TGC Member
    Yeah fucking right what?? Please learn how to spell because it gives me a headache to read. I proof read everything I write, it's not that hard. It makes me wonder how the hell you build a 3000gt motor from ground up but can't install a simple mod as an intake that a 7 year old can do. Are you smarter then a 1st grader?? I guess not....lmao. It also makes me wonder why would anyone that is used to driving a built 3000GT would downgrade to a 7G and then complain. People usually upgrade, not the otherway around. Not that a 7G cant be fast but I'm talking about a stock 7G. Things that make you go hmmmm...
    He lied about building it from the ground up.. He said the only motor he built was he helped build his friends toyota motor or some shit.... And yes the stock 7g sucks so much ass it isnt funny! A little boost goes a loooong way ;-)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    On my V6 it was a breeze just unscrew it and it comes right out. My maf sensor looked brand new. How come on a 7g you can't do it???

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    He lied about building it from the ground up.. He said the only motor he built was he helped build his friends toyota motor or some shit.... And yes the stock 7g sucks so much ass it isnt funny! A little boost goes a loooong way ;-)
    Your 7G looks good to me, I've seen 7Gs look hotter then 8gs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast