The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just baked heads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar

just baked heads

i just baked a set of heads tonight that i got from 99galantes since we live a city apart and i painted them. well one of them the one i painted is fucked up and i was wondering the best way to fix it and clean up the lenses and make them nice and new looking. any suggestions?????????????

especially this part^

place oven on 210 for about 15 minutes on some foil with a small screwdriver carefully separate... thats what i did
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 04-21-2010 at 10:06 PM

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Take adhesive and apply it to a cloth or rag (not directly on the headlight) and wipe the surface thoroughly then wash off. You can also try toothpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    Take adhesive and apply it to a cloth or rag (not directly on the headlight) and wipe the surface thoroughly then wash off. You can also try toothpaste.
    adhesive???

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Yes, something like 3M adhesive cleaner.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yes, something like 3M adhesive cleaner.
    Ahh no!!

Dude, get some paint thinner. There's a right way to fix this and a wrong way. The right way is to remove all the paint and start over or it will look like ass. Get a tray, a brush and paint thinner. The paint will come off fairly easy because it's fresh. After you removed all the paint, wash with soap, dry and apply few coats of self etching primer or sandable primer by Dulicolor. Then few coats of engine paint, that's what I used and lays down great, Duplicolor kind, nothing else works as good. Do rush it and try to spray to much or you will have runs and then have to start over. Always start over, that's how you learn. Good luck.

You can use adhesive to clean them. I am a certified by Meguair's to detail automobiles.

You can use adhesive to clean them. I am a certified by Meguair's to detail automobiles.
    I don't care what your certified to do. Paint thinner will work better and faster. That adhesive cleaner barely cleans adhesive.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-21-2010 at 11:25 PM

Well I'm gonna do both one step on each see what's better I guess so I won't put the heads on yet. What about krylon fusion paint? It bonds to plastic and metal n shit. Could I use that its what I used to paint my grill?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Thanks raz appreciate the positive feedback. You too boosted.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    Well I'm gonna do both one step on each see what's better I guess so I won't put the heads on yet. What about krylon fusion paint? It bonds to plastic and metal n shit. Could I use that its what I used to paint my grill?
    I personally don't use Krylon because it come out too thick and has messed up project in the past. Duplicolor and VHT is all I use for small jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I don't care what your certified to do. Paint thinner will work better and faster. That adhesive cleaner barely cleans adhesive.
    Thinner will work better and faster but if used incorrectly, it will leave streaks and spots all over.

Thinner will work better and faster but if used incorrectly, it will leave streaks and spots all over.
    I've been working on cars for over 15 years, have 10 year paint and body experience and I've done over 1000 headlights in my life time and you gonna sit here and try and school me?? really??? Even if that was the case, he's going to repaint genius, you wont see the streaks and spots.

If he gets all the paint of and then use a clean rag soaked in paint thinner and wipes them down, there wont be anything.

I am not going to argue with a peon. You think you are the only one with car experience? Years in the field and age don't have anything to do with knowledge. Just remember that.

Years in the field and age don't have anything to do with knowledge. Just remember that.
    Oh yes they do, why?? Age because the older you are the more years in the field you have, more years in the field, more experience, more knowledge. I don't just have car experience, I specialize in paint and body and suspension. Knowledge comes with experience genius and that's what I listed, I have over 15 years of experience in this field. I don't give advice I don't know just to feel important.

How about we just get back on topic here?
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-22-2010 at 01:07 AM

well its all done the end result im happy with. i cleaned up the lenses with the mequire(or however you spell it lol) headlight kit which cleaned them up pretty nicely except that corner cuz they were in an accident thats why its scuffed. but they look great. it was too late for me to get the supplies. so what i did was cleaned them up as best as possible and scuffed up the chrome with a scotch pad and put a nice 1st coat which held on nicely when that dried a put another coat. 20 minutes later put them back together and resealed it with rtv sealer and there ready to go. thanks fellas

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

finished

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Oh yes they do, why?? Age because the older you are the more years in the field you have, more years in the field, more experience, more knowledge. I don't just have car experience, I specialize in paint and body and suspension. Knowledge comes with experience genius and that's what I listed, I have over 15 years of experience in this field. I don't give advice I don't know just to feel important.

How about we just get back on topic here?

So you are saying that someone that has been in the field for 15 years is better than someone in the field for 5 years? No, not exactly. New talent means new techniques, new equipment, new solutions. Just because you are older and might have more experience doesn't mean your quality of work or knowledge is any better than mine. I have done my share of body work, paint, frame work, windshield repair, etc. I have said what I have say.

So you are saying that someone that has been in the field for 15 years is better than someone in the field for 5 years? No, not exactly. New talent means new techniques, new equipment, new solutions. Just because you are older and might have more experience doesn't mean your quality of work or knowledge is any better than mine. I have done my share of body work, paint, frame work, windshield repair, etc. I have said what I have say.
    Im happy for and Im also not going to sit here and continue arguing with you like a 14 year old girl in this guys thread. Make a resume and STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post

finished

Turned out great, glad you figured it out.

Back on topic and no more arguing about who has more experience then who or how many years in what...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast