The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk space for the 8G

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Trunk space for the 8G

Just a quick question here. I've still been trying to put my system back together since ive blew pretty much everything.
    Im jus wantn some Kicker 15" CVR's but im not sure how a ported box will fix in my trunk

Ive took all measurements, but the little trunk bars seem like they bend or warp if they get stuck on the box.

SO does anyone have a dual 15" sub box in they're 8G and if so how is fitting?
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

If you can get the 15" box in there, make sure you get good insulation and that everything is tightened up back there. I can't stand that trunk rattling sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    If you can get the 15" box in there, make sure you get good insulation and that everything is tightened up back there. I can't stand that trunk rattling sound.
    Well as a few people on here know. I had 4 12's. So i Dynamatted trunk lid an part of panels, which helped some...but yea, im kinda hopn i can turn it long ways an slide it in...ive put an pulled many different boxes back there,,jus none have been 15"s

build a custom box that sits below the trunk spring.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Remove the tornsion bars and replace them with shocks... I have never seen dual 15"s but I have seen one 15"...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    Remove the tornsion bars and replace them with shocks... I have never seen dual 15"s but I have seen one 15"...
    I'm not a big box builder. But id have to see how to do that or hear some directions on getn everything in an out.

tell me the model number of your subs and I will calculate a box design for your car that will fit below your trunk springs. I have the same car. right now I have a vented box with two cvr 8 inch in a ported enclosure that measures 2.78 cubic feet and hits a pretty staggering 142db with only a hundred and fifty watt amp. My next box is for 4 comp vr 8's
    cant wait :D
    I am calculating a box for someone else on sunday anyway, may as well do all my math at the same time ;)
    Last edited by minesbroken; 04-29-2010 at 09:56 PM
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    tell me the model number of your subs and I will calculate a box design for your car that will fit below your trunk springs. I have the same car. right now I have a vented box with two cvr 8 inch in a ported enclosure that measures 2.78 cubic feet and hits a pretty staggering 142db with only a hundred and fifty watt amp. My next box is for 4 comp vr 8's
    cant wait :D
    I am calculating a box for someone else on sunday anyway, may as well do all my math at the same time ;)
    Alright thanks man..These are 2 15" Kicker cvr's, dual voice coil...uhh in a ported box i think kicker recomends 3-5 cubicfeet a peice but theres no way i could fit that in the trunk