The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my g died on me tonight help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47

my g died on me tonight help!

so i was driving and i studdard then died.. the car turns over but does not fire dash lights came on (oil, battery, ses, etc.) so i know that i do need new ciol mpacks thinks to me reading up on other ppls threads they have posted, would this be the problem or is it something worse? i also noticed that the last day or so i have heard i noise that is unusual, sounded to me like something was rubbing on one of the pulleys the noise went with the rpms of the engine.. could this be an issue? i am in a really big bind not having my car this is my only form of transportation i cannot work without it. please help me!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    when you try to start does it gives a chugga chugga sound or a whirling whine sound>?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

it sounds normal (chugga chugga) it sounds to me like its not firing but i am not for sure but no whining for sure.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    my G died last week. check ALL the fuses mine died the same way and it was doing the same as yours. if the fuses are fine it may be the timing belt.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    my G died last week. check ALL the fuses mine died the same way and it was doing the same as yours. if the fuses are fine it may be the timing belt.
    Replacing blown fuses won't cure a engine knock problem or other noise. If it threw the timing belt the engine may as well be considered junk, and thereby replaced. Not necessarily that it can't be repaired, it is just more expensive than finding a decent used engine with half the mileage for less than replacing the timing belt in his engine.

ok i am going shortly to go see if i can figure something out on it that is something i haven't thought to try thanks and how do i check timming belt i know where it is and how to get to it but not what to look for if its bad? only if its broke.

i hope thats not the case the car lot can take it back if so, lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Change the coilpacks, plug wires and spark plugs. That should restore the Johnny 8G.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Replacing blown fuses won't cure a engine knock problem or other noise. If it threw the timing belt the engine may as well be considered junk, and thereby replaced. Not necessarily that it can't be repaired, it is just more expensive than finding a decent used engine with half the mileage for less than replacing the timing belt in his engine.
    i didnt see the engine knocking part... just breezed threw the reading... my bad... its just that my G died almost exactly like his minus the noise though..

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

yeah i went to check it out today and 2 out of 4 plugs fired. the two that did was on the same coil...

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post
    yeah i went to check it out today and 2 out of 4 plugs fired. the two that did was on the same coil...
    so its all fixed then???

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

not yet i don't have the money to get every thing today tomorrow i am going to borrow the money from my sister in law tomorrow so i can give it a try. i hope this fixes it.

So let us know if you fix it.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

definatly will i hope this is the problem it will kill me to not be able to drive it, i am already having withdraws, lol.
    Last edited by djhah; 04-26-2010 at 10:52 AM

so i did the coils and nothing i came to the conclusion that there is not any power coming to the coil on my passenger side any ideas there is power to the other, but it is not starting still, so i have ruled out the coils wires and plugs, what next? now its frustrating me to not know
    Last edited by djhah; 04-27-2010 at 01:41 AM

How about the fuses? Did you check those?

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

yeah checked the ones under hood and on dash nothing looked blown to me

fuses are all good under hood and dash this is maken me upset that that i have not got it yet i also checked the relays
    Last edited by djhah; 04-27-2010 at 09:50 PM

try switching the coils around and see if the misfired cylinder will jump, as well. for that, reset the ecu, switch coils, drive so the CEL comes on again and read the new code.

i did switch coils with new ones i tried resetting ecu still not firing on the passenger side coil no matter how i swapped them around i am at a loss here i am having to borrow a family members car for work, before i got that it was a bike i haven't rode a bike in years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast