The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any DEI alarm installers here

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Any DEI alarm installers here

I recently installed a 2-way Viper alarm on the Eclipse. And you know how the led and key fob tells you if there was an alarm triggered since you last unlocked the car. I was testing each part of the alarm (the door trigger, hood trigger, tilt sensor, etc). And it is supposed to be reset when you start the car correct?

My problem is that the alarm "remembers" the instrusion still after I start the car. So now, everytime I go to unlock the car, the keyfob beeps and says that every alarm/zone was triggered. When I start the car, the LED status is still blinking instead of being off.

Anyone know what should I try to fix this?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Call DEI directly. They are very good with helping people over the phone with problems. My remote start/alarm is an older version & they still gave the excellent customer service when I called. They even sent me an upgraded antenna for free.

Your ignition wire is not connected properly. It's not seeing the key turn on. I assume that its a 95 to 99 eclipse by looking at the picture. The ignition wire in the car is black/white at the ignition harness. On the alarm that wire would be the pink wire on the remote start harness. (thick 12 gauge pink wire)
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    in addition to checking your ign wire, when you arm it and it says that there was an intrusion, hit the arm again and it should reset it.